Gannett Fleming is a global planning, design, and construction management firm with more than 60 offices worldwide. Founded in 1915, we have fostered a culture of service and innovation with more than 2,100 diverse and talented professionals. Consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms, we provide multi-discipline engineering services, including civil, transportation, environmental, structural, and construction management. We are committed to amaze our clients by providing customized solutions that improve our communities and sustain the world – from award-winning roadways to vital environmental systems to patented technology.
We are currently looking for a Structural Engineer to join our Fairfax, VA office! This person will be involved in transit facilities design, transit station design and rehabilitation, and office and residential building design work. Come join our team!
- Ability to develop structural drawings in a concise and relevant manner.
- Develop gravity and lateral systems for various low to mid-rise facilities and transit related projects.
- Proven record of structural design using structural steel, concrete and masonry construction materials.
- Proficiency in RISA 3D, Ram Structural System, ETABS, Ram Concept, ADAPT and SAP 2000 and other structural engineering analysis and design related software.
- Familiarity with designing post-tensioned concrete structures is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with various offices and ability to coordinate with various disciplines in a positive and productive manner.
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD and Micro station and ability to coordinate with drafting team to produce quality drawings.
- Perform field inspection of facilities and transit related structures as needed.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering required.
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering (MSCE) is a plus.
- 4-6 years of structural design experience required.
- PE license is required with ability to obtain District of Columbia, VA and MD professional engineering licenses within 6 months of the hiring date required.
- Hands on experience with structural analysis and design software.
- Proficiency with MS Office software.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed orientated with strong people and team skills.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Gannett Fleming is a global infrastructure firm that provides planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a...