THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Provide a variety of engineering services for planning and design of new construction and improvements to existing facilities, utilities, and grounds.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Engineer, design, and develop plans for civil, structural and architectural maintenance, alterations and improvements to facilities, utilities, and grounds.
2. Interface with Government counterparts and operating personnel on facility requirements, maintenance planning, design, and development considerations.
3. Prepare and monitor installation design plans and work order improvements to facilities.
4. Provide engineering assistance to maintenance shops and planners for issues beyond their expertise.
5. Research and prepare cost estimates, specifications and standards, and procurement packages for new or modified facilities.
6. As requested by the customer assist with constructability design reviews for upcoming projects.
7. Prepare and submit reports dealing with facility infrastructure and utility systems structural integrity and health with particular emphasis on corrosion control.
8. Perform other duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Computers, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and other software products as required and standard office equipment/ machinery.
Must be able to use typical test gear related to profession including the measurement and evaluation of corrosion and other structural condition of all load-bearing components.
Work is generally conducted in the office or shop environment; however, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where
a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing
protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
BS degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university or college is required.
Licensed Professional Engineer.
Minimum of 5 years experience required. Experience should include civil/structural engineering design, estimating, materials takeoff, masonry, and construction management.
Must be proficient in the use of personal computers using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and AutoCAD or AutoCAD Lite software applications.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date