Entry - Intermediate level structural engineer working under minimal supervision; has a comprehensive understanding of the routine aspects of structural engineering principles, concepts, industry standards and their application. May provide some guidance to less experienced personnel and will develop a familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs structural design calculations for concrete, structural steel, and masonry structures, to include both facilities and/or industrial projects. Also performs sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment.
· Researches and develops structural design concepts performing calculations and evaluations for comparative structural systems. Researches design options and documents findings for Discipline Lead Engineers and/or Project Managers.
· Participates in planning, management and scheduling of assigned tasks.
· May lead structural engineering effort on specific tasks or areas within a project.
· Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians on a multi-discipline team.
· May provide some technical guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and architects and recommends necessary changes.
· Researches building code issues and works with others as required incorporating code and safety requirements into assigned design tasks.
· Maintains effective communications with project team members and with the client. Attends project meetings and design review meetings, and interacts with clients as his or her level of experience progresses.
· Assists with other duties assigned by Discipline Lead Engineers and/or Project Managers.
Training and Experience
Other Essential Functions
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis is required
- 2 plus years of previous structural engineering experience is required
- EIT certification prefered
Proficiency with structural design software (STAAD.Pro, StructurePoint, Enercalc; others)
Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity
Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Last Updated By
No results found.
Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and...