LSInc is seeking a Structural Engineer.
- Provide Structural Engineering consulting and project management support.
- Provide technical assistance on structural building systems.
- Prepare, and assist in preparing elements of contracts to include scopes of work, specifications, budgets, designs, and schedules.
- Review, and assist in reviewing, elements of contracts to include scopes of work, specifications, budgets, designs, and schedules.
- Coordinate between project customers, construction contractors, and various government organizations during planning and execution of projects.
- Perform, and assist in performing, on-site quality assurance inspections and verifications using the appropriate codes and specifications to ensure compliance with contract work provisions and project design specifications.
- Provide Structural Engineering technical assistance to “in-house” work contractors.
- Provide technical assistance on Environmental projects, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) projects, and Fire Protection projects.
Education: BS in Structural, Civil, Architectural or Mechanical Engineering or similar degree from an accredited University or College.
Experience: Seven years combined experience with design and calculations for vertical/structural construction projects, consisting of a minimum of the following. Five years experience with construction project development – construction design (including computer-aided drafting), scope development, specification writing and review, project budget estimation, and project scheduling. Two years experience in project management. Two years experience with project quality assurance and/or quality control.
Additional training/experience: Additional training and experience in fire protection systems, hazardous materials operations, asbestos management, Construction Criteria Base (CCB) and/or Unified Facilities Guide Specifications (UFGS), and Corps of Engineers project development, management, and quality control is desired but not necessary.
Software skills: Experience with office productivity software (Microsoft Office or equivalent), Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) software (AutoCAD preferred), project scheduling software (Microsoft Project preferred), cost estimating software (WinEstimator preferred).
LSInc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resumes to: Kathy Martin at email@example.com or at www.logsup.com
Logistics Support - 7 months ago