Michael Baker Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a Structural Engineer for our White Plains, NY office. The candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting highway or rail structure (bridge) design, analysis, construction plan development, and construction support services. Position will require managing design tasks as well as junior staff for structural design projects.
Minimum requirements include:
· B.S. degree in Civil Engineering required. Master’s degree in Civil Engineering a plus.
· 5+ years of relevant bridge design experience. Must have strong experience and familiarity with New York State DOT and Port Authority NYNJ design standards. Experience with design and detailing of bridge elements including deck, bearings, girders (both steel and concrete), piers and foundations is desired. Experience with road and/or rail bridge design and rehabilitation, seismic analysis, rating analysis, specifications and cost estimation is desired.
· New York PE or ability to obtain within 6 months is required.
· Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
· Must also be proficient in AASHTO LRFD design and complex structural analysis software including STAAD or equivalent. Experience with Bentley MicroStation VB software a plus.
Must have excellent organizational skills as well as written and verbal communications skills
Michael Baker International - 21 months ago