- This Sargent & Lundy full time temporary position will offer you the ability to directly apply your knowledge of materials, structural analysis, structural steel design, and reinforced concrete design.
-You will work on a wide range of power plant modifications and upgrades to support client recommendations and reviews including creating calculations, document designs, and specifications.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of structural engineering issues.
- Using our state-of-the-art computer tools, you will perform structural analysis and design of steel frames, connections, concrete members, equipment and piping supports, and foundations.
- Develop integrated structural designs and perform supporting calculations for the planned work.
- Prepare technical specifications for structural materials.
- Coordinate and provide guidance to other engineers, project managers, client personnel, and suppliers to ensure a complete and timely design.
- Perform reviews of existing facilities to propose upgrades and replacements, and present findings and recommendations to clients and peers.
- There is the potential for you to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews and to plant site locations for construction coordination and field verification of designs.
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSCE (MSCE preferred) from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- Three or more years of working as a member of a project team environment in the design of non-commercial, heavy industrial plants, with a focus on the analysis of steel structures and concrete foundations and supports for new plants, or modifications or replacements for existing plants.
- Experience in writing and providing support documentation for Structural Engineering calculations.
- Technically knowledgeable of the practical application of structural engineering including analysis for structural supports, loads, and design integrity.
- Experience with the design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models for industrial plants.
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: MathCad, STAAD PRO, SAP2000, SAFE, STRUDL, or ANSYS.
- Familiarity with design codes and standards such as IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, and ACI 318.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V
Sargent & Lundy - 21 months ago
The drill for Sargent & Lundy is to deliver engineering, construction management, and consulting services to the global power industry....