Prepare structural design calcualations and structural details for bridge/structual projects in accordance with appropriate design standards. As part of the Albuquerque Office, the Structural Engineer will be responsible for all structual work within the office and may be called upon to support other offices within the Southwest District and the Western Region as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform structural design and analysis for bridge structures using approved computer programs and manual computations in accordance with accepted bridge design practice and design specifications and guidelines.
- Perform quantity take-offs and cost estimates for project budgeting and evaluation of alternatives.
- Perform geometric layout.
- Develop structural details for non-standard bridge components.
- Perform production of structural drawings and details.
- Direct and review production of drawings by CAD technicians.
- Assist with project administrative activities including document, cost and schedule control, preparation of meeting minutes, and progress reports and invoices.
- Perform independent checking of structural designs and plans.
- Prepare technical construction specifications.
- Other assignments as needed.
This position requires a BSCE degree with an emphais in structures, a valid New Mexico Professional Engineer’s License, and a minimum of 10 years of experience with concrete and steel structures. The candidate must have a strong technical interest in the design, permitting, and construction of bridge/structual projects. The position will also require knowledge and involve extensive use of Design and CADD software applications. Suitable candidates must possess ability to prepare comprehensive engineering reports. Experience with New Mexico DOT plan preparation a must.
T.Y. Lin International - 10 months ago
T.Y. Lin International Group is a global, multi-disciplinary engineering services firm recognized for solving some of the most significant...