Prepares structural calculations and oversees production drawings for assigned projects in accordance with standards (i.e., AASHTO, NYSDOT, NYSTA) and department procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs field investigations & surveys;
- Assists in the preparation of cost estimates and analyzing material costs, quality and quantity;
- Assists in developing project standards and specifications;
- Reads and interprets engineering sketches, maps, survey field notes, aerial photographs and drawings;
- Performs structural calculations utilizing Merlin-Dash, LEAP, MDX, DESCUS, STAAD or other structural software packages; and
- Participates in in-depth study projects, working independently on technical engineering assignments and providing support to project engineer or architect.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required; Master’s degree preferred. At least five years of experience in structural bridge engineering design, calculations, and production drawing oversight also preferred. Must have experience with STAAD, Merlin-Dash, LEAP, MDX or other bridge structural software packages, as well as experience with MathCAD, and Microsoft Word and Excel. AutoCAD and/or Microstation experience a plus, but not required. Must
excellent technical and people skills. Excellent references required.
T.Y. Lin International - 20 months ago
T.Y. Lin International Group is a global, multi-disciplinary engineering services firm recognized for solving some of the most significant...