Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Structural
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelors degree in Civil-Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering
• Entrants to this position generally possess 5 years of experience on engineering and construction projects.
• Solid working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Mircostation and Autocad, structural general analysis programs, steel design, and concrete design.
• TS/SCI clearance or ability to obtain clearance while working
• Good communications and analytical skills
• Act as a lead on less complex tasks and responsible for a portion of a design or section of an analysis or design review.
• Generate complete design specifications of more complex projects
• Coordinate and work closely with other engineering and project management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements
• Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications
• Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications
• Conduct site visits, investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
• Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
• Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort
• Working towards Professional Engineer Registration.
• Professional Engineer
• Ability to travel internationally on short (1 to 2 weeks) trips
• Familiar with mechanical and electrical equipment
• Exposure to construction cost estimating
URS Corporation is looking for a Structural Engineer III to join their design and design/build office in Columbia, MD. This individual will have direct responsibility and oversight for civil and structural designs. This position will report to the Civil/Structural Group Manager. The Office provides design and design/build engineering services on fixed price and time and material projects for government clients.
• Responsible for structural calculations, specifications and cad drawings for individual projects or portions of larger projects.
• This position will interface with in-house architects, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and construction managers.
Names change, but people always need to build offices, factories, and process facilities. AAC Designer Builders, which does business as...