Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Structural
Job Title :
Type of Position:
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural engineering from ABET accredited engineering college
• Minimum seven years structural design experience for industrial projects, steel-framed or reinforced masonry or concrete structures.
• Must be a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Louisiana or ability to obtain within six months after hire.
• Finite element modeling experience
• Pile foundation design experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Cost estimating experience
• Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
• Travel to field project locations is required.
• Assignments will focus primarily on structural engineering for heavy industry and government agencies. Typical clients will be in the chemical and steel industries; local, state or federal government agencies; or commercial power industries. Assignments may include travel and occasional deployment to project locations in the continental US for up to several months.
Successful candidate will:
• Lead designs requiring engineering and design staff under his/her direction
• Perform design tasks in accordance with accepted engineering standards utilizing both manual and computer based methods
URS Corporation - 20 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...