Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Structural
Job Title :
Type of Position:
1. Structural Dynamic Analysis, multi-modal and response spectrum analysis
- Master’s Degree in Civil (Structural) Engineering
- Minimum 9 Months prior work experience working for Structural Engineering Consulting firm
- College coursework in Structural Analysis & Design, Pre-stressed concrete, Foundation Engineering, and Soil Mechanics
- Prior design experience using RAM, RISA 3-D, STAAD Pro 2003, SAP 2000, AutoCAD, and Revit 3-D structural modeling software programs
- Strong seismic and wind analysis background, including:
2. Soil-structure interaction
3. Ductility detailing of Steel Structures for Seismicity
- Working knowledge of the following: Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and other Structures, ASCE Standard 7-05, NCHRP Recommended Provisions for Seismic Regulations for New Buildings and other Structures (FEMA 450, Parts 1 & 2)
- Must be able to complete EIT within 1 year of Hire
- Must obtain negative result on drug screen performed in accordance with URS drug testing policy
URS is the #1 Bridge Design firm per ENR. We have a significant presence in the New York Metropolitan Area. Our Infrastructure Division is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Junior Level Structural Bridge Engineer, with excellent communication skills, for immediate employment in the New York City Office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate previous experience in Structural Engineering, specific to bridge, retaining wall, and other transportation structures. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including bridge inspection, analysis, and design for both new and existing bridge structures.
- Performing engineering inspection and design of transportation structures as part of a well established dynamic structural engineering team.
- Perform inspections of existing bridge and earth retaining structures under the supervision of URS senior staff and prepare notes and reports to document the conditions,
- Perform or check structural analysis, including Finite Element Modeling, of existing and proposed bridge and earth retaining structures to determine member forces, stresses and, deflections,
- Perform Seismic and other dynamic analysis of bridge, earth structures, and building structures to determine seismic vulnerabilities and design retrofits,
- Coordinate with other URS staff members to ensure that project goals and schedules are met,
- Perform & check load ratings of structures to determine the safe load carrying capacity of bridge and tunnel structures.
- Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions and regulatory agency specifications.
- The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above.
URS Corporation - 20 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...