The Dallas (Irving, TX) office of WJE was established in 1983 as the sixth branch office outside of Northbrook, Illinois. The office is staffed with 12 professionals with expertise in engineering, architecture, and materials science. They work on a mix of building envelope, materials investigations, and structural evaluations, repairs, and litigation support. Work is generally regional including north Texas and bordering states.
The Senior Associate at WJE has 8-12 years of experience and serves as a Project Manager and primary client contact for multiple small to mid-size projects. As a Project Manager, the Senior Associate has primary responsibility for preparing and reviewing budgets, developing the scope of the services and preparing proposals, coordinating staff and work distribution, and managing client deliverables. The Senior Associate also continues to serve as a project team member on projects managed by others and is able to be involved in creating solutions for non-routine, complex projects with minimal supervision. This position operates autonomously with little oversight, but defers to more senior level staff on highly complex issues.
Candidate must be technically competent in concrete, steel, masonry, wood, and other structural system design and construction with experience in structural analysis and computer modeling. Candidate must have a background in the development of inspection/investigation programs including field assessment, documentation of distress, field testing, sampling, photographing, sketching, and reporting. Work will typically include engineering analysis, monitoring laboratory testing, research, investigation data reduction, developing alternate schemes for solving problems, and repair design. Candidate will prepare written documents including bid documents, addenda, change orders, site visit reports, and detailed engineering reports.
• PhD or Master's degree in Structural Engineering with 8 - 12 years of experience with an engineering firm and expertise in one or more of WJE's primary practices
• Licensed appropriately for area of expertise
• Experience in managing small and medium-sized projects
• Active in professional organizations
• Strong technical and general written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer-based structural analysis skills
• Strong general computer skills including CADD and Microsoft Office
• Ability to work in the field
• Ability to travel outside local area, depending on local workload and project locations
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates - 18 months ago