At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects.
Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 11,000 creative minds.
Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking a Structural Engineering Leader to expand our presence in Chicago.
he primary responsibilities in this role will be to win work, develop clients and lead project teams to achieve technical and commercial success in the Chicago market with a focus on tall buildings.
• Develop plans and strategy for the Chicago structural engineering market.
• Identify and pursue marketing opportunities. Ensure Arup has the proper visibility in the Chicago area, with an emphasis on Tall Buildings.
• Responsible for the overall design and delivery of large, complex, long-term projects - coordinating multidiscipline project teams and resources etc., within tight time and budget constraints. Predicts and plans for future resources.
• Ensure Arup competes effectively by having a thorough understanding of external market conditions (fees, scope of service, conditions, competitor benchmarks)
• Lead the structural engineering team in Chicago and provide technical expertise to a team of engineers
• Establish and maintain relationships with external partners (architects, owners, developers, etc.). Invests in fostering relationships with external business associates. Develops personal business networks by attending conferences, participating on local boards and community activities, joining professional associations, etc.
• Liaises with clients, keeps them informed, seeks feedback, listens to complaints and praise, manages expectations and responds appropriately. Listens to client to determine client satisfaction during the project and understand what is most important to them./what they really care about
• Master's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with a sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
• PE licensed
• An energetic and inspirational leader, with exceptional people and project management skills.
• Sound industry networks amongst the potential client market and a significant reputation in tall buildings.
• A solid track record in management and business development, with exceptional relationship building skills.
• A strategic and innovative thinker with strategic planning skills and a keen intellect to quickly understand the business and its potential and present with credibility
• Strong commercial acumen and financial skills required. Exceptional communication, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...