HOK is currently seeking a Structural Engineering Modeler to join our team. A Structural Engineering Modeler performs engineering modeling assignments in Revit and other BIM tools based on input from the structural engineering team and guidance from the Senior Structural Modeler. Produces models, plans, details, and other drawings based on sketches, layouts and verbal instructions from the structural engineering team.
- Develops, modifies and reviews models and drawings of structural engineering systems and components according to established standards and Revit modeling techniques, based on input from the structural engineering team.
- Organizes and maintains models and documents for multiple projects.
- Works closely with project team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Performs all work in a clear, complete, and accurate manner.
- Checks models for clearances, potential conflicts, and relationships of the various parts to the whole and to one another.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for complete and accurate drawings.
- Produces drawing charts for schedules and data, making changes and adjustments as necessary with input from the structural engineering team as required.
- Implements and utilizes HOK Best Practices for all projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to structural engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Participates in local professional associations or Revit/BIM user groups and attends conferences as determined by HOK to be appropriate.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Basic knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of structural models, plans, and details.
- Proficiency in Revit 2013 required; proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines preferred.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
HOK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field preferred.
- One year of Revit modeling experience working on a wide variety of building types and sizes, such as commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, aviation and healthcare facilities.
- Experience working with a variety of structural materials and systems.
- LEED AP or GA required within 12 months of employment.
HOK - 15 months ago
HOK has designs on your project -- but in this case, that's a good thing. The global architectural company provides planning, design,...