The Structural Entry Designer Drafter routinely performs complex CADD assignments and moderate design assignments, requiring the application of fundamental design techniques complying with company and industry standards and codes.
• Prepares general arrangement and detail drawings and sketches of unusual, complex, or original designs requiring the application of practical engineering knowledge.
• Structural design drafter is responsible for preparing structural contract drawings for water and wastewater treatment projects, typically showing reinforced concrete and structural steel.
• Coordinate drawing production with design prepared by structural engineers.
• Coordinate drawings with other design disciplines (architectural, mechanical, and civil).
• Review manufacturers’ or fabricators’ prints for aid in design documents.
• Monitor quality of work and conform with CDM Smith drafting standards.
• Assist structural project manager in predicting workload effort, scheduling, and staffing requirements.
• Prepare material quantity take-offs.
• Review contractor shop drawing submittals of reinforcing steel and structural steel.
• Associates degree in drafting/design technology and 8 years direct relevant experience.
• Advanced knowledge of 2D CADD applications (such as AutoCAD and/or MicroStation).
• 2 years of continuous 3D technologies experience in a production environment.
• Intermediate or advanced Microsoft Office for design related tasks.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.
CDM Smith - 15 months ago