The Structural Entry Designer Drafter routinely performs complex CADD assignments and moderate design assignments, requiring the application of fundamental design techniques complying with company and industry standards and codes.
• Prepares general arrangement and detail drawings and sketches of unusual, complex, or original designs requiring the application of practical engineering knowledge.
• Structural design drafter is responsible for preparing structural contract drawings for water and wastewater treatment projects, typically showing reinforced concrete and structural steel.
• Coordinate drawing production with design prepared by structural engineers.
• Coordinate drawings with other design disciplines (architectural, mechanical, and civil).
• Review manufacturers’ or fabricators’ prints for aid in design documents.
• Monitor quality of work and conform with CDM Smith drafting standards.
• Assist structural project manager in predicting workload effort, scheduling, and staffing requirements.
• Prepare material quantity take-offs.
• Review contractor shop drawing submittals of reinforcing steel and structural steel.
• Associates degree in drafting/design technology and 8 years direct relevant experience.
• Advanced knowledge of 2D CADD applications (such as AutoCAD and/or MicroStation).
• 2 years of continuous 3D technologies experience in a production environment.
• Intermediate or advanced Microsoft Office for design related tasks.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.