Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression.
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 10,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our Houston office is currently seeking a Structural Leader . The position will be responsible for leading consulting engineering commissions, preparing and coordinating engineering documentation for energy projects with large civil/structural component, leading the development of an offshore, maritime and onshore structures team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design structural elements for energy related projects including offshore structures, maritime structures, LNG storage tanks and general industrial structures.
- Prepare and review sketches and drawings detailing the systems designed.
- System design calculations.
- Report writing.
- Coordinate of work with engineers of other disciplines. Coordinate of work with project drafting staff.
- Project and team administration duties including management of man-hours to within agreed project targets.
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
- Lead the development of client relations and participate in industry forums.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- MSc in Ocean (Marine) or Civil/Structural Engineering with a sound knowledge of structural engineering fundamentals. Post graduate management training would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 15 years post graduate experience in oil/gas engineering roles preferably in a consulting environment with direct interaction with clients and responsibility for engineering project performance.
- Specialized Training: PE (Structural) / SE required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, engineers, contractors and other team members.
- A good understanding of heavy construction and marine operation principles.
- Good communication & people skills, team player. Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...