Working within Guggenheim Investments as part of the Structuring effort focused on creating, developing, and executing structured products and transactions across asset classes both for our own investments as well as in connection with raising third party capital. Specifically building analytical models to evaluate the merit of particular product and transaction ideas that the Structuring effort may develop as well as building cash flow waterfall models for those products/transactions and working with the rating agencies on the rating of the structured securities. Opportunity for significant hands-on experience and advancement in small entrepreneurial effort.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Structuring highly complex structured transactions such as cash and synthetic CDOs/CLOs. Experience in structuring other types of ABS, MBS and CMBS transactions preferred.
- Building rating agency models in EXEL (writing macros) to run scenario analysis for the rating agencies and having relationship with structured product rating analysts and methodologies.
- Taking conceptual ideas for structures and creating models to analyze risks and values of particular structures and products.
- Tying out with the accountants and investors on the models and providing cash flow and scenario analysis as required.
- Working with embedded derivatives and modeling and analyzing derivatives in structured transactions extremely helpful.
- Good communication skills.
- Reading Indentures and Offering Memoranda and Indenture and making sure that the documents are correct vis a vis the model.
- Working hard and willingness to participate in growth of new effort vs. coming into existing group with running engine.
- BA, 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Engineering background preferred vs other disciplines; although math and quantitative skills a must.
- C++ Programming skills helpful but advanced modeling skills in EXCEL required.
- Academics in math and engineering: business degree not required.
- Knowledge of markets – interest rates, hedging, derivatives, etc. helpful.
- Experience working within an organization distributed across geographic locations a plus.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Limited travel is required.
- Located in the New York office.
Guggenheim Investments represents the investment management division of Guggenheim Partners, LLC, which consist of investment managers with approximately $127 billion in combined total assets. Collectively, we have had a long, distinguished history of serving institutional investors, ultra-high-net-worth individuals, family offices and financial advisors. We offer clients a wide range of differentiated capabilities built on a commitment to investment excellence.
Our business is firmly rooted in the discipline of the institutional money management: our DNA is etched with the rigor of managing risk. Each of our investment teams brings a unique expertise and point of view about what drives asset and market behavior, and what drives risk and reward.
Over the years, our clients have valued us for our tradition of independence, thought leadership, purposeful innovation and nimbleness we believe not readily found in other asset managers. We are answerable only to our clients and our commitment to their success.
Guggenheim Partners is a privately held global financial services firm with more than $180 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2013 and includes consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $37 billion.
We provide asset management, investment banking and capital markets services, insurance, institutional finance and investment advisory solutions to institutions, governments and agencies, corporations, investment advisors, family offices and individuals.
We are headquartered in New York and Chicago and serve our clients from more than 26 offices in eight countries. For more information about Guggenheim Partners, visit guggenheimpartners.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Guggenheim Partners, LLC. - 13 months ago
Guggenheim Partners, LLC is a privately held global financial services firm with more than $180 billion in assets under management. The firm...