Assist in all phases of the Student Accounting Office to achieve the common goal of accurate student account processing, maintaining accurate record keeping and the lowest accounts receivable possible; within the guidelines, policies and procedures of the school. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Calculation of drop tuition and fee credit in accordance with school, and state agency policies; executing the adjustment to the student's account and the resulting refund, if any, ensuring compliance with the EDMC refund distribution policy.
- Check and balance payment plans with student account transaction histories for pending graduates, re-entry, in-school student refund processing. Approve students for financial clearance for registration, class starts and graduation; make recommendations for those students not qualifying for financial clearance.
- Maintain school sponsored housing transaction, all aspects of deposit receipt, refund and account reconciliation.
- Maintain weekly analysis of receivables based on the most recent month-end source receivables analysis. Assist in the quarterly account billing conversion to assure accurate status and classification.
- Post student adjustments (when receiving checks from collection agency) process all adjustments as needed. Process admission cancel/adjustment forms and student NSF checks on a timely basis.
- Post charges to student accounts on a monthly basis, provide student financial services information for incorporation into the financial plan.
- Maintain front desk coverage and assist students making school payments and with related questions. Take daily bank deposits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Campus Head of Administrative and Financial Services
Entire finance team as well as financial aid officer, other local faculty and staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration required with a Master's degree preferred.
- Three to five years of transactional accounting experience, preferably in a post-secondary institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office)
- Skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial software programs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental as they apply to the Student Accounting Office.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. faculty, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and the general public.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
The Art Institute of York- Pennsylvania - 17 months ago