Do you thrive in a fast paced and ever changing environment? Are you passionate about leading a team of advisors to achieve goals of the university? The Student Advising Manager is responsbible for managing a team of advisors that interact with our students every day. At Ashford University we help our students accomplish their education goals…pretty cool, right? If you are a servant leader and like to roll up your sleeves and lead by example, we want to hear from you.
Essential Job Duties:
• Assist the Director/Associate Director of Student Services with hiring, training, monitoring and motivating advisors to meet and exceed budgeted student retention and financial aid packaging objectives.
• Train and manage advisors by monitoring and advising staff on day-to-day activities.
• Provide leadership to Student Advisors as they advise students and parents regarding their enrollment status, financial aid document status, and academic progress.
• Oversee staff production, and ensure overall advisor performance goals are met or exceeded in areas that can and will include: student retention percentage, graduation rates, drop prevention, reentry, document tracking, financial aid packaging, activities completed in Campus Vue, and customer service incoming and outgoing calls.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Develop and maintain staff morale to be productive in a positive work environment.
• Work closely with all departments and implement processes in a team environment.
• Provide excellent customer service and utilize effective communication skills.
• Research and provide assistance on escalated customer service issues and resolve accordingly.
• Advise students as necessary on academic related matters.
• Advise students and their families as necessary on student finance matters.
• Other duties/projects as assigned.
• Communicate ideas for policy and procedure improvements that create greater efficiency.
• Exercise independent judgment and effective critical thinking skills.
• Five (5) years of customer service related professional work experience strongly preferred.
• Two (2) years of post-secondary higher education student advisement work experience strongly preferred
• One Excellent verbal, written, customer service and management skills.
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of internal control concepts and principles.
• Good analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of the educational environment and how training and education relates to the job market.
• Servant leadership philosophy and management practices that enrich the lives of individuals and the organization
• Bacehlor’s degree required
If a degree is required for the position, completed
degrees must be conferred by a regionally accredited or approved nationally
accredited institution. All candidates must provide proof of education (official transcripts) upon request.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes
certain campus safety policies and statistics on reportable crimes and
incidents that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings, and on
public property immediately adjacent to campus or accessible from campus for
three previous years. The policies include campus security policies,
crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and sexual assault, among
others. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...