Imagine what you could do here. Every day is a new challenge, and you are continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our departments, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it is all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support the company objectives.
The Student Advisor position is a full time employment opportunity. This role manages a student case load, providing superior student support to ensure a positive student experience, fulfillment of all defined procedural requirements, monitoring performance, and reporting results to provide input to management related to performance optimization. The Student Advisor works collaboratively with all staff to ensure the objectives of the University are achieved.
Essential Job Duties:
• Understanding, pursuit, and fulfillment of the university’s mission and total enrollment objectives
• Compliance with all external regulatory and Ashford University policies and procedures
• Student case load management – Persistence, Reentry, Financial Aid Recertification and Completion
• Management of student information system data integrity and security
• Develop rapport and constructive working relationships with all students and staff
• Correspond via phone and email with students on a regular basis to ensure student retention
• Closely monitor student attendance and grades in database to assure retention and progression
• Counsel students on student finance opportunities and the proper application process
• Counsel students on the document intake, awarding, disbursement and withdrawal processes
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Maintain a working knowledge of Federal, State and Institutional Policies governing Title IV student aid programs
• Guide students to complete the appropriate forms by providing the information they need to fully complete their student financing process
• Evaluate student requests, identify issues, and determine appropriate means for resolution
• Define and interpret Ashford University policies and procedures for students
• Work closely with Enrollment Advisors to assure successful entry into the University
• Work closely with Matriculation Coordinators to ensure accurate degree progress and completion
• Effectively communicate and report as required or requested with management and executives
• Communicate ideas for policy and procedure improvements that create greater efficiency
• Exercises independent judgment and effective critical thinking skills
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Demonstrated effective critical thinking and decision making skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Two (2) years of customer service related professional work experience
• One (1) year Post-Secondary work experience in the Higher Education field
• Knowledge of federal financial aid programs and regulations
• Bachelor’s degree from a Regionally Accredited or approved Nationally Accredited Institution required
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 6 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...