- Responsible for resident undergraduate and graduate student retention.
- Responsible for handling a large amount of daily incoming calls and connecting with students on outbound calls through an automated dialing system, assisting callers a majority of the day.
- Answer questions of a complex nature regarding Liberty University policies while providing excellent customer service.
- Develop relationships and rapport with resident undergraduate and graduate students through verbal and written communication.
- Meet and guide resident undergraduate and graduate students through the enrollment process through one-on-one visits.
- Meet and answer questions of a complex nature regarding Liberty University policies while providing excellent customer service to resident undergraduate and graduate students through one-on-one visits.
- Plan, set up and teach Scholarship Search 101s to current residential undergraduate students throughout the Fall and Spring semesters as needed including leading Saturday classes.
- Serve prospective students and their families at College for A Weekend four times a year. This event will require a six day work week. This support includes welcoming students to the weekend campus visit, answering enrollment questions, connecting students with the offices and programs to which they are interested in learning more, and teaching Scholarship Search 101.
- Serve as event support staff at Winterfest, once a year, offering prospective students the opportunity to submit an application.
- Serve incoming resident undergraduate students at Summer Orientations including event planning and set up, presenting at the Student and/or Parent sessions, assisting students with the final steps of the enrollment process.
- Provide direction as a liaison to all departments on campus; advocating for the student in instances where the student has exhausted all avenues of resolution.
- Coordinate and assist in preparation of Scholarship Search 101 Sessions, Webinars and On-Campus events as needed.
- Keep accurate and orderly documentation of all student communication verbal and written, as well as communication from parents and interdepartmental offices.
- Communicate Liberty University's policies and procedures clearly and concisely.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of all student academic and financial records in accordance with FERPA laws.
- Be willing and able to learn and utilize SER Dialer capability to reach students in an expeditious and courteous manner- extensive phone use required.
- Participate in Resident Enrollment recruiting and retention events including, but not limited to; College For A Weekend, Friendly Friday, Winterfest, Summer Orientation, Fall and Spring Welcome Weeks, etc. Some evening and weekend duties will be required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission of Liberty University
- Bachelor's degree required (or job experience deemed appropriate by Resident Enrollment Management)
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written; attention to detail a must
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, as well as above-average problem solving and conflict resolution abilities
- Must be professional, organized, and possess superb listening and discerning skills
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view; persuasive with details and facts
- Banner/Microsoft CRM experience a plus
- Must take initiative, be highly motivated and committed to teamwork and collaboration across departments
- Strong desire to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to take on repetitive and high volume email and phone conversations with energy
- Previous customer service experience
- Public speaking experience helpful
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Liberty University - 20 months ago