There is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at Ashford University, we build partnerships while providing opportunities for students and employees to grow and become their best. We nurture our employees and strive to promote from within.
Ashford University’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
Ashford University was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Ashford University employees witness such change every day. Ashford University is doing well by doing good, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
Reporting to the Manager of Student Affairs Assessment, the Student Affairs Assessment Specialist is a full-time position located in San Diego, CA. The Student Affairs Assessment Specialist will be responsible for planning and conducting program evaluation and outcomes assessment of student-facing services. This position will complete projects requiring qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis in collaboration with Planning and Institutional Effectiveness units.. This position will also be responsible for managing data and technology involved in storing, managing and sharing assessment and evaluation data.
The Student Affairs Assessment Specialist position is a full-time employment opportunity.
Essential Job Duties:
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Conducts and documents assessment and evaluation projects for student-facing services;
- Conducts analysis and writes recommendation reports based on qualitative and quantitative data;
- Prepares written summaries of findings for use by the Manager of Student Affairs Assessment;
- Collaborates and coordinates with other assessment and evaluation units on campus.
- Assists in developing and conducting assessment training and resources for student-facing services, including Student Affairs, Student Services, Registrar, and Financial Aid professionals.
- Maintains documentation of standard operating procedures for conducting ongoing evaluation and outcomes assessment in student-facing services
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
- Knowledge of and experience with assessment instrumentation in the context of student affairs,
- Knowledge of research methodology, statistical analysis, and data base management required; Knowledge and experience in conducting both quantitative and qualitative research required
- Understanding of student development theory and its application to student affairs practice required
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task, set and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including skill in making oral and written presentations through various media formats to colleagues or subordinates to provide information, instructions, or explain subjects of interest.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a manner that is understood by professionals with varying backgrounds and responsibilities at the University.
- Familiar with the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) standards and guidelines for Student Affairs
Master’s degree in higher education, student affairs administration, quantitative methods, or related field or a combination of education and experience required
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Our Parent Organization: Bridgepoint Education has built its corporate culture around its core values; ethics, integrity, service and accountability. Ethics is a central part of employee training and is reinforced on a daily basis. Integrity in the way we treat both internal and external constituents is paramount to Bridgepoint Education's success. Service at the highest level is expected and recognized. Last, accountability toward one's co-workers, students and role within the organization has allowed Bridgepoint Education to cultivate a high-quality management team.
By providing both online and campus-based programs at Ashford University and University of the Rockies, Bridgepoint Education offers access to both traditional and adult learners seeking high quality, convenient higher education degree programs.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in. Ashford University understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties MUST apply through the Ashford University online employment application system.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Ashford University is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Ashford University - 7 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more tha...