A student employed to perform work as assigned by the supervisor.
• Flexible scheduling.
• Great opportunities for resume building.
• Established promotion paths.
• Experiences that you will learn and keep for a lifetime.
• All student employees must be able to follow standard procedures when assisting customers and document tasks performed for tracking purposes.
• Strong customer service skills are required.
• All majors are welcome to apply, and adequate paid training is provided.
IT Help Central student employees can work within the following areas:
Desktop and Classroom Technology Support:
• Scheduling involves business hours from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Friday.
• Positions require computer experience regarding hardware and software support for Windows and Macintosh platforms.
• This position will provide assistance regarding computer setups, system maintenance, backup procedures, hardware installations, software installations, and any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• This position will also be responsible for answering phones.
• Prior experience will be a leading factor in consideration for this position.
Residence Hall Support:
• IT Help Central also provides on-site support to student residents to assist with their computing needs, including Internet connection setup, virus removal and overall system troubleshooting.
• Scheduling involves business hours from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Friday and Saturdays 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
• This job requires hands-on experience with computers, customer service skills, and a customer-first mindset.
• Prior experience and training will be a factor in consideration for these positions.
A student enrolled in at least 6 hours.
This is A Security Sensitive Level II Position: Applications for this position will be subject to a police records check and may be required to be fingerprinted. Applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing after a conditional offer of employment has been extended but before employment can be confirmed. The offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate passing the drug and alcohol test. Employees in Level II positions are subject to a post-accident drug and alcohol testing.
• Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills as well as a good work ethic, particularly punctuality, are required.
• Applicant’s schedule should allow for a work load of at least fifteen hours per week.
• It is preferred that the applicant be able to work during the summer and other times when classes are not in session.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your application:
• Resume/C.V. (be sure to include any computer-related and/or customer service work experience)
• Professional References (be sure to include at least 2)
• Other (attach a class schedule in the “Other Document” category)
Applicants must be able to see, stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, reach with arms, stoop, knee, crouch, crawl, talk, hear and lift up to 75 pounds. Responsibilities require manual dexterity and visual acuity.
Hourly Pay Range
7.25 - 8.25
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 15 months ago