Attention Applicants: You must include a COVER LETTER with your work schedule availability for Monday-Saturday for the spring semester as well as addressing why you are interested in working at the LPSC Information Desk and customer services experience. Do not include your class schedule, but rather your availability for work shifts and remember to allow time for you to arrive to work after your class ends (i.e. if your class gets out at 11:45am, you should put on your availability that you can start work at 12pm). The hours of the LPSC at Mon-Thursday, 7:30am-8:00pm, Friday, 7:30am-6:00pm, and Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm.
The Information Desk Staff supports the Student Life Office in providing a positive customer service experience in the Longs Peak Student Center. This includes providing information for our patrons as well as assisting with various aspects of Conference Services related to events in the Longs Peak Student Center.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Attending all training sessions and contact meetings, as arranged with the Conference Services Coordinator.
- Representing Front Range Community College in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Creating a quality customer service experience which includes being knowledgeable about the campus, providing current and factual information to all patrons, and helping Student Center guests as needed.
- Helping with various aspects of event setup and cleanup, including: arranging furniture, setting up technical equipment, sanitizing, vacuuming, etc.
- Communicating and collaborating regularly and effectively with customers, vendors and other campus offices and organizations on various aspects of events.
- Responding in a timely manner to reservation requests and inquires about our services and facilities.
- Processing Wolf Card and other academic badge printing, Fitness Center memberships, locker rentals, bus passes, etc.
- Handling cash register transactions and keeping all financial paperwork organized.
- Other conference services tasks including: sign making and placement, typing, inventory, etc.
- Enforcing the polices and procedures that govern the Longs Peak Student Center, Student Life, and Conference Services.
- Performing other administrative duties and working on other projects as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis as part of event setup and cleanup.
- Must be able to work with basic computer programs.
- Must be able to respond to and enforce all policies and procedures governing the Longs Peak Student Center, Student Life, and Conference Services.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 10 hours a week including evenings and some Saturdays.
- Customer service experience
- Possesses a desire to help others and a dedication to quality customer service.
- Demonstrates a strong level of professionalism and work ethic.
- Has a positive attitude, a good sense of humor, and exhibits high levels of energy and enthusiasm.
- Is willing to learn, take initiative at work, seek and accept feedback, and be flexible.
- Demonstrates an attention to detail, strong organization, and time management skills.
- Communicates well with students, staff, faculty and other on or off campus patrons.
- Works well as a member of a team as well as independently.
- Acts as a servant leader to and role-model for other students and staff members through their work.
- Is committed to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
- Is able to be flexible as the needs of our customers and staff dictates.
- Must be a student enrolled in at least 6 credits for the Fall 2014 Semester.