Friendship Public Charter School is the area's largest non-profit public school, serving nearly 8,000 students from grades pre-school to 12, on ten campuses. Friendship operates public charter and partnership schools with Baltimore City and DC Public Schools. Since its inception in 1997, Friendship has enabled thousands of students in underserved communities to become serious achievers. The Friendship Team proudly applies its unique educational model with winning results to improve academic performance, educate the "whole child," and offer families support services with the goal of preparing 100% of its students to enter and complete college. Do you have what it takes to be part of our exceptional Team?
Under the direction of the Principal, the Student Information Manager (SIM) participates in all administrative aspects related to the use and maintenance of the Student Information System (SIS) at the school level. The SIM is required to have knowledge of student accounting, procedures and regulations, in order to support school operations and to generate federal, state, and local reports.
- Ensure that all student data in the required systems contain complete and accurate information for required reporting
- Utilize the required data systems to track, maintain and report critical student information such as contact information, enrollment statuses, withdrawals, special education or ELL statuses, lunch statuses, and all other required indicators
- Gather, input, and verify data necessary for internal and external reports to the FPCS District Office, federal and regulatory agencies
- Collaborate with school staff, district level staff, and external parties as needed to ensure accurate and timely reporting of student data
- Verify attendance and discipline related information and ensure that it is tracked appropriately at the campus level
- Enter daily attendance into the DC Public Charter Board-Online Attendance Management System (OLAMS) and ensure that both systems are reconciled on a daily basis
- Conduct training for teachers and all other required staff to ensure competency in the use of the attendance and grade management program (attendance and electronic grade-book)
- Coordinate and facilitate the utilization of Student Information Systems and related responsibilities
- Attend conferences and classes to develop and maintain knowledge of database management and the SIS
- Coordinate user security within the Student Information System with District Office SIS administrator
- Perform duties related to scheduling and grade reporting such as inputting the master schedule and scheduling accordingly, maintaining accurate class rosters, coordinating grade reporting cycles at required time increments, and ensuring grade reports are printed and disseminated in accordance with the school calendar
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Two years of related work experience required
- One year experience using student information systems required
- Considerable knowledge of the school student information software package utilized at the school.
- Considerable knowledge of student accounting procedures and regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to work independently without supervision and as part of a team.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
FPCS’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, status as a special disabled veteran, or any other protected criteria as established by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to recruitment and hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. Employment decisions at FPCS are based solely upon relevant criteria, including an individual’s capabilities, qualifications, training, experience and suitability.
Friendship Public Charter Schools - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard