Student Involvement Specialist
Regular Travel to Other Campus Locations Required
Full Time or Part Time
Weeks Per Year
Summary of Work Schedule - Academic
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Some irregular hours to include evenings and weekends are required.
Total Hours/Week - Academic
Summary of Work Schedule - Summer
Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week - Summer
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Student Involvement Specialist at Moraine Park Technical College, West Bend campus. This position plans, coordinates and oversees social, cultural and academic related activities. This position also assists the Dean of Students in coordinating college wide activities. Some irregular hours to include evenings and weekends are required.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
1. Utilize student (demographic) information and customer satisfaction feedback to recommend student involvement activities that promote student retention and customer satisfaction.
2. Plan and implement annual student activities that support the learning process; which incorporates technology to provide innovative, multi-dimensional programming and which promotes student success for traditional, multicultural and adult students.
3. Form linkages with other teams in the College for improved services, communication and the delivery of student involvement activities. Act as a representative to internal teams and advisory groups that share services or interests with student involvement, retention and goal attainment. Establish relationships with external vendors and other technical college counterparts in the setup of student activities and leadership of student senate. Promote building community relationships amongst students and staff to maximize the facilities, technical and social atmosphere.
4. Assist with the logistics for events conducted by the Dean of Students.
5. Recommend marketing strategies to increase student awareness of and involvement in College activities and develop related promotional materials.
6. Coordinate Tri-Campus Events (i.e. Graduation Ceremony, Student Awards Banquet) to include arranging for promotion, publicity, set-up, budget and program development.
7. Provide leadership development and coordination for student senate, student program teams, student organizations and activities consistent with district philosophy, policies and procedures which include monitoring student program club activities, financial transactions and recordkeeping.
8. Prepare and monitor student activity budgets for approval by Dean of Students or Student Senate including processing of purchasing requests via current software package.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree with a minor in recreation or a related field.
2. One year of related experience.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating and evaluating recreational, educational, marketing and/or cultural activities.
5. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with students, staff and the community. Familiarity with community desired.
6. Ability to lead student groups and resolve conflicts.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in applying them in a promotional setting.
8. Demonstrated ability to develop and coordinate group projects/events.
9. Ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and accounting and record keeping software, video conferencing equipment, digital cameras and other current technology.
10. Ability to motivate students and encourage participation.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Special Instructions to Applicants
The application form itself must be fully completed. Indicating “see resume” in blanks does not constitute a completed application and may result in disqualification. All application materials must be submitted online. Moraine Park Technical College conducts criminal arrest and conviction records checks on all management, supervisory and confidential, faculty, support professional, temporary and adjunct faculty applications who are recommended for employment. Applicants with disabilities who need accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department, 920-924-3232 or TTY 920-929-2109. Applications accepted through the close of the business day (4:30 p.m.) of the closing date of the position posting. Moraine Park Technical College is an equal opportunity/access employer and educator.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-924-6402. Please view our website at www.morainepark.edu .
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Moraine Park Technical College - 19 months ago