This is a 12-month non-exempt position which will assists with all campus programming and activities in the Center of Student Life and Involvement department, including late night and weekend programming. The student life specialist is responsible for the following:
1. Actively participate in all college activities which lead to student retention and completion.
2. Perform general office duties including greeting visitors and students to the office, answering phone calls, managing files, ordering and tracking supplies, and maintaining office order.
3. Employ, supervise and train student assistants of the Student Life office and other Rogers Student Center employees.
4. Assist with all administrative duties related to events, including preparation and management of all related Student Life accounts, contracting entertainment, and completion of all relevant forms including room reservations for all Student Life events.
5. Coordinate all student life travel, such as hotels, conference registration, travel forms, etc.
6. Handle all social media correspondence for student life events and update campus calendar.
7. Assist with budgets by tracking expenditures, completing purchase requisitions and other items relative to the operation of the office.
8. Create content and enter all data and student information for Co-Curricular transcripts.
9. Approve marketing materials for posting on college bulletin boards to adhere to college policies.
10. Co-Advisor of the Apache Activities Council and correspond with all on-campus organizations.
11. Assist Coordinator of Recreational Services with Intramural programs and Recreational Center.
12. Assist Coordinator of New Student and Family Programs with events such as New Student Orientation, Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat, and Welcome Week.
13. Attend or represent the college at various department meetings or campus-wide events.
14. Performing other duties as assigned by the director, student activities.
1. Associate degree in Education or a related field is preferred.
2. Two or more years of event planning experience in a higher education setting or comparable position.
3. Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills
4. Possess secretarial skills to include word processing, record keeping, correspondence, and filing, along with organization and customer service skills.
5. Required driving and operating a college vehicle; therefore a valid Texas Driver's License and driving record acceptable to the college's policy is required.
6. Knowledge of Windows Operation System and Banner software preferred.