As a Student Services Advisor you will play a vital role by assisting our continuing students to obtain their academic goals. By assisting them with the registration process, monitoring their GPA and classroom attendance you guide them through the standards and procedures of the Academy. By advising students at key moments on add/drop procedures, student academic affairs you will assist with student retention. Administratively you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of student files.
- Register continuing students via phone or email on a daily basis
- Monitor student GPA (maintain 2.0)
- Proactively contact students with attendance issues
- Contact unregistered students each semester
- Maintain and develop student files
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Academy of Art University offers employees’ health insurance, 401K Plan, paid vacation and holidays, and a commuter program. In addition, we offer the following unique advantages: A tuition-free undergraduate class, health & wellness programs, access to University gym/pool & athletic games, and participation in various events such as our film festival, fashion show, and gallery auctions.
- Ideal candidate will have prior related experience in an academic environment
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with conflict resolution and problem solving
- Must have previous customer service experience
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet challenges head-on is essential
- Must have desire to work with students
Student Services Advisor
Academy of Art University - 13 months ago
Established in 1929 by Sunset Magazine's creative director, Richard S. Stephens, Academy of Art University transforms aspiring students into...