A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position is required. You can upload a cover letter when you create an applicant profile.
The Student Services Business Analyst supports the activities of diverse student service related offices, including but not limited to the Vice President of Student Services, the Dean of Students, Student Development and Activities, Residence Life, Admissions, Records, Financial Aid, Athletics, Career Services, and Advising of both campuses of Laramie County Community College. The analyst is responsible for the development, management, and refinement of Ellucian Colleague based, or integrated products, student oriented business processes, their definition and maintenance as well as writing reports as needed for the functional units. The Analyst consults with and advises a variety of departments in using these processes (including any new software capabilities) to maximum effectiveness. The Analyst provides stewardship over the Colleague Student module business functions and processing. The Analyst understands a variety of functional area needs and provides specifications for application development or customization to Colleague and/or other software products. The Analyst plays an integral role in the identification and assessment of new software including but not limited to CRM systems and degree audit software.
Benefits: 85% of health insurance premiums paid by the College, 21 vacation days fronted, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and 15 paid holidays annually. Typically 5-7 paid holidays from Christmas to New Year's Day. For full listing of benefits, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience.
Closing Date: Position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by January 9, 2013.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
For information about Cheyenne, visit http://www.lccc.cc.wy.us/about/welcome
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interact with user communities, software vendors, and members of the ITS staff.
- Listen, respect others’ opinions, and negotiate.
- Advise end users in the development of processes that maximize the capabilities of the Colleague system.
- Manage multiple projects, defining tasks, setting goals, and establish guidelines for successful project completion.
- Serve as a liaison between the Student Services Division end users and technical staff.
- Develop and maintain effective, accurate and student-focused business processes through interdepartmental collaboration in a multi-campus environment.
- Analyze workflows to determine best practices in the use of Colleague.
- Review Colleague documentation and make recommendations for the timing of upgrades, develop testing plans and monitor known issues.
- Implement new features in Colleague.
- Make decisions about security class assignment in consultation with department directors and the Vice President.
- Make recommendations for and implement software that integrates with Colleague.
- Make recommendations for the customization of Colleague and/or other software products in collaboration with end-users and ITS staff.
- Assist end users with queries and reports.
- Maintain the privacy of student data.
- Maintain a high level of professional competence in all areas of student services, but particularly in records and financial aid.
- Provide positive internal and external customer service through the effective utilization of various communication channels (e.g., in person, telephone, email, regular mail).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified in the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Laramie County Community College - 11 months ago