Under general direction from the Director of Academic and Student Services, provide student services to the students enrolled in SOLS ( The School of Life Sciences) degree programs, ensuring that the identified goals and objectives of the program are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, standards of quality and customer service. This position also serves as a hybrid (part front office manager/ part advisor) to the Academic Success Specialist role.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM; Occasional evenings and weekends.
- Coordinates and administers student services to enrolled students (as course registration, graduation processing, petitioning, program documentation, information sessions, receptions and career and internship fairs).
- Assists (backup to Student Services Assistant) in answering phones and greeting students/visitors/faculty giving general information in response to advising and other inquiries about SOLS undergraduate programs.
- Runs DARS and performs DARS exceptions.
- Reviews and processes: transfer coursework; credit overload petitions.
- Provides approval for Individualized Instruction coursework.
- Oversees grade changes and academic record changes in PeopleSoft.
- Maintains student records on computer-based databases; create reports for administration; provide contact point for non-enrolled and enrolled student program information.
- Monitors account expenditures; maintains and reconciles detailed budgets for various accounts, advises which expenditures are within the budget guidelines; informs student services manager of irregularities.
- Assists in development of recruitment strategies and in planning of recruitment communication and events.
- Implements ideas and strategies to integrate social media in attracting and recruiting prospected and admitted students.
- Recruits and oversees student ambassador organization.
- Develops strategies in conjunction with the SOLS media relations manager to highlight and promote student success stories.
- Implements internal systems and materials for delivery of student services.
- Evaluates and analyzes student services activity effectiveness; develop surveys to determine student service effectiveness (in conjunction with Student Services Manager); develops recommendations; implements and take appropriate action to ensure efficiencies and accuracy, in conjunction with Student Services Manager.
- Assists in development and production of student services promotional and information flyers, internal forms, and various materials to facilitate student related activities and procedures and student success in SOLS.
- Assists in development and facilitating workshops, meetings, seminars and receptions for students, faculty and staff.
Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years of administrative and appropriate program experience; OR, six years of progressively responsible administrative and appropriate program experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Demonstrated knowledge of: university and college curriculum requirements; admissions and graduation procedures. Experience in: working in Life Sciences; providing technical guidance and problem resolution; working with students in a developmental capacity; Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel); Advisor trac; work that requires attention to detail and organization. Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
Arizona State University - 17 months ago
Sun lovers and knowledge seekers can turn to Arizona State University (ASU) for a well-rounded college education. The research university...