Student Services Coordinator II
The Student Services Advisor assists the Director of Student Services and other academic affairs department supervisors and staff with activities relating to programs, services, and events aimed at enhancing student satisfaction, success, retention, and program completion for the campus. The addition of Student Services Advisor positions is dependent on campus size/need levels.
- Assist the Director of Student Services, Director of Academic Affairs and other academic affairs department staff in increasing levels of student attendance and student satisfaction and improving overall student graduation rates.
- Help drive campus improvements in student retention and student satisfaction outcomes.
- Develop and maintain a bank of student services assistance options geared to student needs (e.g. referrals to child care, counseling, etc), promote and utilize company sponsored retention programs.
- Help coordinate campus efforts to assist students who have dropped, are re-entering, and continuing school, using documented processes..
- Help insure student services are matched to specific student needs.
- Help insure follow up actions based on student survey results, withdrawal data, and other sources of information to get at root causes for student withdrawals prior to completion and drive improvements in student satisfaction and retention.
- Help coordinate student activities (Orientation, Welcome Weeks, Student Appreciations days, etc).
- Assist with daily follow up on absent students, in addition to managing daily activity levels necessary to reach students.
- Help drive campus student activities and special events.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two (2) years experience in an academic environment as a student, instructor, dean, or staff member.
- Student/working experience at Heald preferred.
- Strong student-centered focus; commitment to student satisfaction and success.
- Effectiveness in working in teams, focusing on student success, customer service, and service excellence required.
- Proven, excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with a diverse student population.
Corinthian Colleges - 2 years ago
Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students as of June...