Under general supervision, this position supports the Student Services/Operations function by providing general information to visitors, staff and faculty and performing various clerical and administrative functions to ensure that processes are timely and accurate and that the necessary student record information is available to internal and external customers.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Supports the admission process by generating files and student records, maintaining and tracking related information and documents, and processing completed files for submission to the appropriate University department.
- Acts as a direct contact to provide general assistance and University information to visitors, students and faculty
- Assists customers with purchases or payments for tuition, fees, or books. May also post or reconcile monies in line with standard operating procedures.
- Performs various activities to support the accurate and timely process of grades and attendance. Activities may include distributing or collecting attendance sheets or grade cards, inputting information in the appropriate student tracking system, researching discrepancies of records, and following up on related issues with the appropriate campus personnel.
- Ensures that the facilities and related equipment are available and in the appropriate condition to accommodate student and faculty use by scheduling rooms, coordinating equipment check out, and stocking rooms with the appropriate classroom supplies. May also ensure that the appropriate room configuration is set up for use.
- May coordinate or assist students with the use of computers or resource centers.
- Coordinates the distribution or pickup of student and faculty materials. May process some materials or packets as assigned, as outlined by standard University processes and procedures.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the department through various activities such as filing, typing, copying and collating materials to ensure that department operations run smoothly. May also provide backup assistance to other department personnel as directed or apparent.
- May develop or assist in the development and maintenance of class calendars to ensure that accurate and timely information is available to staff, faculty and students.
- May support the academic management function by inputting or monitoring enrollment information, and ensuring that accurate and timely information is available to department personnel as necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Knowledge of higher educational institutions as normally obtained through exposure to a college or university setting preferred.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Good oral and interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate general information to visitors, students, faculty and other university personnel.
- Proficiency with personal computers and software applications required to perform the clerical and administrative functions described above.
- Must be results oriented and able to manage various projects or tasks at one time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Apollo Group, Inc. and its subsidiary companies ('Apollo') are committed to being Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers. We embrace and celebrate the unique qualities of our employees including race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. The protected groups set forth in this policy are broader than what is covered by our Affirmative Action Plan.
It is the objective of Apollo to provide equal opportunity for employment. Through the recruitment and retention of a competitive diverse workforce, we can leverage our diversity and better understand our customers' needs as well as enhance the communities we serve. At Apollo, we believe diversity strengthens our competitive advantage.
Apollo makes decisions relative to employment, training, compensation, and promotion on the basis of job-related qualifications. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Apollo is committed to the principles of tolerance and respect, fair treatment, equal access and consideration, and recognition for contributions. All management personnel are accountable and share in the responsibility for adherence to the policy. Apollo is guided by the principle of equal opportunity and respect for others. Apollo's philosophy is based on the recognition of and value for the unique attribute brought to Apollo by each person. By keeping with these principles Apollo will successfully meet its corporate goals.
Apollo Group - 14 months ago
Apollo Group, Inc. (Apollo Group)is a private education provider. The Company offers educational programs and services at the high school,...