Are you a problem solver?
Do you have great customer service skills and enjoy talking on the phone?
The Student Services Coordinator has daily interactions with nontraditional online students and outside vendors. You could have the opportunity to provide customer service for all incoming calls to the University and help to solve problems by obtaining vast knowledge of all departments so that you can direct students and outside vendors to the appropriate party. Team work at its finest!
The Student Services Coordinator position is a full-time employment opportunity. This position monitors performance and reporting results of the department and providing input to the Student Services Manager on matters related to performance optimization. The Student Services Coordinator is responsible for providing excellent service to all internal and external customers via the call center and ensures compliance with all operational procedures and regulatory policies. The Student Services Coordinator works collaboratively with all staff to ensure and objectives of the University are achieved.
Essential Job Duties:
• Understanding, pursuit, and fulfillment of the university’s mission and total enrollment objectives.
• Compliance with all internal and external regulatory policies and procedures.
• Assist internal and external customers through knowledge, service, and effective problem solving.
• Develop rapport and constructive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
• Answer and route high volume calls to the appropriate contact minimizing total amount of transfers and hold-time.
• Effective call screening for various departments, management, and executives.
• Manage multiple incoming calls and provide real-time assistance when possible or necessary.
• Management of student information system data integrity and security.
• Correspondence with all affected parties regarding student calls.
• Work closely with all staff to ensure a positive experience for all customers.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Interpret and communicate Ashford University policies and procedures accurately.
• Effectively communicate and report as required or requested with management and executives.
• Communicate ideas for policy and procedure improvements to create greater efficiency.
• Exercise independent judgment and effective critical thinking skills.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Proficient in Microsoft® Office Word®, Excel®, Outlook®, and PowerPoint® applications
• Demonstrated effective critical thinking, decision making, and oral/written communication skills
• Complete discretion and confidentiality in handling of all business relations
• One (1) year of customer service, high volume, public contact related professional experience required
• Multi-line/call center phone experience strongly preferred
• BA/BS Degree strongly preferred; minimum of 30 college units from a regionally or approved nationally accredited institution is required. All candidates must provide proof of higher education (transcripts) upon request.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 14 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...