The Student Services Coordinator will primarily focus on managing and achieving campus retention goals. This person will work closely with the academic team to aggressively track and support current students in achieving enrollment, retention and graduation goals. This individual will participate in other student services activities such as new student orientation, First Year Experience as well as other campus events. Advising students, registering students and processing academic paperwork are other components of the position.
• Manage semester retention campaigns and processes to achieve term to term retention goals
• Advise g students based on program requirements by developing relationships and providing intrusive support
• Assist in the development of programs and strategies to improve retention and graduation rates
• Monitor registration and grade reports and following up with students, program director, financial aid, and/or admissions
• Calling students and following up on attendance issues daily
• Provide on campus presence in hallways and classrooms to reach out to students and assure close contact with students
• Managing within term drops to desired goals and following up with dropped students to identify reasons for drops and opportunities to return
• Assist financial aid with student clearing process to assure students meet financial obligation of registration
• Assist in enrollment management reporting such as-Enrollment Tracking, Retention Plans
• Participate in First Year Experience by assisting in developing session topics and presenting in classrooms
• Develop and participate in campus activities that support our mission
• Develop community relationships that supports the needs of students
• Provide evening management coverage for campus assuring students are supported
• Manage daily activities of academic advisors as it supports student retention
• Act on student disciplinary issues in absence of Dean of Student Services
• Identify, develop and track retention analysis efforts.
• Participate in annual strategic planning regarding effectiveness of retention efforts.
• Actively participate in conference calls and meetings at the system level.
• Assist the Dean of Student Services as needed
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
• Proven experience of 2-3 years in managing and achieving retention or enrollment goals within an educational or business setting.
• Goal oriented individual
• Ability to maintain and report on student information and track record of achieving goals.
• Exceptional customer service, listening, and teamwork skills
• An outgoing, approachable style and a passion for helping students succeed
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
• Ability to function effectively as part of a team to meet overall campus goals
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience within a sales environment helpful
• Available to work evenings and Saturdays as required.
Bryant & Stratton College - 12 months ago