Reporting to the Center Director, this full-time administrative/academic position is responsible for coordinating and providing student services at the Regional Center. These services include coordinating support for new and continuing students with registration, financial aid, and assessments related to placement. In addition, this individual coordinates retention programs including tutoring, assisting student with disabilities, and other efforts identified at the center. A flexible schedule is required to include weekends and regular evening participation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Administrative Student Support:
- Works directly with students to support processes and solve problems related to registration, financial aid, and payments. Serves as Liaison with main campus offices to facilitate processes and problem resolutions.
- Supports Center Director in coordinating Student Orientation.
- Provides guidance to students to ensure that they remain compliant with financial aid regulations as they relate to course of study.
- Serves as coordinator for Veteran s Services.
- Supports students in completing all necessary forms for Graduation.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Treats fellow employees, students, and the institution s guests with civility, refrain from actions that disrupt the efficient functioning of the college.
- Oversees assessments and placement testing for new students as needed.
- Coordinates tutoring opportunities as available at the regional centers.
- Supports center director in developing schedules as needed.
- Implements retention strategies as identified by Regional Center Director and/or Dean of Students.
- Works with Dean of Students to insure that each Center is aware of services offered by the college and implements new services as they become available.
- Coordinates student organizations including but not limited to a student advisory group.
QUALIFICATIONS: - Experience working with adult learners.
- Ability for follow directions and complete tasks accurately and accept supervisory input and constructive criticism.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all student data and information.
- Other Duties as assigned which are specific to the needs of the Regional Center.
EXPERIENCE: - Master Degree required.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Computer skills include Microsoft Office and database software.
- Team player with demonstrated customer services skills.
- Ability to Multitask.
- Ability to exercise good decision making skills.
- Experience in conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to communicate and maintain systematic, coherent expectations with all constituents.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an educational setting.
Cambridge College - 15 months ago