Student Services Coordinator – |
Oak Brook, IL
Deltak has been actively supporting the academic community since 1996. Today, Deltak provides a wide array of high quality services and support to prestigious academic institutions and their students, focused primarily on online and technology enabled learning. We foster a highly selective employee recruitment process that is matched by our focus on the personal and professional development of each team member once she/he becomes a member of our fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Every day, our professionals are helping to positively affect the lives of students through exceptional services, innovative technologies and, most importantly, strong personal relationships.
At Deltak, we are passionate about the success of our partners, their students and each of our team members. We believe that our Core Values, ownership mentality and personal connection make us a pre-eminent organization in higher education. If you are passionate about education and have the desire to help people succeed, then we want to meet you and hear your story.
Deltak has offices in Chicago, Orlando and Denver. Visit www.Deltak-Innovation.com for additional information.
The Student Services Coordinator will report to a Partnership Director.
The Student Services Coordinator is a position for career-minded and goal-oriented individuals to experience an entrepreneurial, values-driven culture within a rapidly growing business driven by societal and educational trends. The employee will build and maintain close relationships with students from registration through graduation, communicating with them on a regular basis and resolving any issues to ensure satisfaction and academic success. He/she will also coordinate efforts with instructors, tech support and financial aid on student’s behalf.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Provides effective service to new, continuing and resuming students by developing and implementing highly proactive outreach services with particular attention paid to retention and student success. Monitors student performance, analyzes problem areas, determines solutions and conducts intervention activities and processes.
· Identifies and successfully resolves student concerns through prompt problem resolution, coaching, tutorial remedies designed to improve student retention and other strategies to meet campus benchmarks and goals.
· Responsible for handling incoming service-related questions or concerns for students, eliminating delays that impede student success.
· Ensures timely turnaround of services, meeting established service level agreements.
· Follows contact strategies on an ongoing basis to maintain a relationship with students.
· Coordinates marketing programs and mailings.
· Leads students through registration process.
· Delivers student orientation sessions.
· Responsible for maintaining documentation of outreach services in Support Force and other reporting tools.
· Provides regular activity and audit reports.
· Actively participates in development activities designed to promote student awareness, retention and success.
· Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
· Ability to relate well with others and perform duties with a high degree of integrity, confidentiality, and adherence to professional ethical standards
· High level of customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills and high level of attention to detail
· Encompass creative problem solving skills
· Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and/or time limitations
· Knowledge of academic policies and procedures, preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to work evenings and weekends
· General knowledge of the higher education industry preferred, but not required
· Must have good command of the English language, in both oral and written form
· A Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
· Two years of customer service experience, preferably in an academic institution
· Outstanding verbal and customer services skills
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
· Ability to work independently
· Public speaking proficiency
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment
· Excellent problem-solving and decision making abilities
· Basic computer skills, with the ability to operate Web-based e-learning applications
· Must be a conscientious individual who needs little supervision in following up on assigned students
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some evening and weekend hours
Deltak is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
Deltak - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Deltak has been actively supporting the academic community since 1996. Today, Deltak provides a wide array of high quality services and...