The Student Service Coordinator provides professional support for the faculty of the school and maintains accurate student records. Assist advisors with registration, and primarily deals with student issues and records. To work collaboratively with the offices of Registrar, Student Accounts, and Financial Aid.
1) Assign advisors and advising times for new students and transfer students working with Chairs.
2) Prepare academic evaluations for use during advising and as a check for graduation requirements.
3) Check course equivalents in appropriate databases.
4)Obtain prior approval for students for off-campus study using Program Update Request.
5) Maintain current student information.
6) Run reports and provide advisee lists to faculty advisors in the School of Business, update advisee list each semester.
7) Provide list of majors to faculty in School of Business.
8) Resolve routine problems between students and faculty.
9) Obtain course transfer credit approvals, resolve questions and problems with advisors, Records office and students.
10) Correspond with students who have an academic status of “incomplete”.
11) Correspond with instructors regarding students with “incomplete” status. Remind instructors the grades must be updated accordingly.
12) Use Datatel to pre-register and register students for classes and process adds, drops, and withdrawals.
13) Maintain declaration/change of major/minor, residency status/attendance center, class standing, and advisor changes for students.
14) Process graduation applications.
15) Prepare and process student evaluation of faculty members each semester.
16) Answer the phone and direct incoming calls or inquiries.
17) Track and record internship and directed studies.
18) Compile master list from each of the faculty schedules each semester.
19) Send notification to students and faculty.
20) Maintain all updates/changes for the upcoming Catalogue revisions.
21) Maintain copier and call for service when there is a problem.
22) Provide Administrative support and performs other duties as assigned by the Chairs, Dean, Associate Dean, and/or the Executive Coordinator to the to the Dean School of Business.
Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Strong organizational and time management skills. The ability to work independently with little supervision.
Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks. Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Demonstrated computer literacy to include usage of Microsoft Excel and Word and knowledge of Internet resources.
AA in business from a regionally accredited institution. Two years experience working in higher education setting.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Saint Leo University - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard -