This is specialized work providing customer service and data entry in the admissions, registration and systems services functions within the Office of the Registrar. This includes disseminating information regarding office policies and procedures, state requirements, and processing student applications and other requests.
Staffs the front counter and is readily available to provide pleasant and professional service to students and others seeking information regarding the College’s admissions, registration and enrollment processes.
Understands the policies and procedures related to the services performed by the Office of the Registrar; seeks opportunities to enhance a customer’s experience and proactively address needs; knows when to collaborate with others to ensure appropriate support and assistance is provided.
Guides students through the enrollment process by providing accurate information regarding admissions and registration procedures consistent with College policy and applicable state guidelines.
Processes paper and FACTS.org admissions applications; verifies and enforces residency guidelines designated by state requirements; time stamps, codes and enters applications into the database.
Scans and indexes student records to include admissions applications, residency and registration documents, student data change forms, petitions, and other departmental correspondence.
Processes registrations, drop/adds, withdrawals, requests for student demographic changes and enrollment verifications.
Receives and records incoming college transcripts into student database.
Attempts to resolve student problems before referring or sending them to the Student Services Supervisor.
Models and sustains effective Servant-Leadership and Shared Governance practices which enhance the achievement of the vision, goals, plans and student-centered culture of Edison State College.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. An employee with a disability is encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office to evaluate the job in greater detail in order to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A high school diploma or GED.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal computers and software programs such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access or similar programs.
Ability to learn database software to input and retrieve data.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
• Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Provide pleasant and courteous customer service.
An Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education; and
Two (2) years full-time or four (4) years part-time appropriate professional work experience in higher education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
All employees are expected to:
• Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
• Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
• Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
• Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
• Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
• Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
• Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s standards of ethical conduct.
• Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicate and collaborate with others to achieve goals.
• Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands/Special Conditions
Physical: Routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, walking. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 20 or more pounds.
Environmental: Normal general office
Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills necessary.
Fully complete the application form. All work history must be included on the application and all fields must be accurately and specifically completed.
Candidates must list ALL work experience which proves sufficient for meeting minimum qualifications of this position.
Unofficial transcripts MUST be uploaded to the applicant system. It is suggested that all documents be uploaded as PDF documents.
- Candidates must upload copies of ALL transcripts (need not be official at the time of application) which prove sufficient for verifying minimum qualifications of this position.
- Official transcripts for all coursework and degrees are required at the time of hire.
- Foreign transcripts must be transcribed in English AND evaluated for U.S. equivalency by a bonafide U.S. evaluation service. The evaluation must be uploaded to the application.
PLEASE NOTE: Additional documents or changes cannot be made to your application once it has been submitted.
We regret that we are unable to accept faxed, emailed, mailed or hand delivered application materials outside the Edison online e-Jobs system.
A selection committee will review application packages and will select a limited number of qualified applicants for interview.
Criminal background check and fingerprinting will be required of the final candidate.
Edison State College is proud to be a tobacco-free organization.
Edison State College is committed to providing an educational and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. All programs, activities, employment and facilities of Edison State College are available to all on a non-discriminatory basis, without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or veteran's status. The College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Questions pertaining to educational equity, equal access, or equal opportunity should be addressed to the College's Equity Officer.
The College’s Equity Officer/Title IX Coordinator is:
Ronald A. Dente, Jr.
Director, Human Resources/Assistant General Council
Royal Palm Hall N-120 – Lee Campus
8099 College Pkwy. SW
Ft. Myers, FL 33919
Florida SouthWestern State College - 20 months ago