Provides one-stop student service access to the college support services. May provide service in the areas of: admissions, placement testing, financial aid programs, academic advisement, community education, registration, and referrals to other related services. Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, innovation, student success, integrity and diversity in the performance of job duties.
40% - Advises students regarding degree and graduation requirements, various certificate programs, university transfer requirements, academic and financial aid probation/suspension status, special programs and financial aid eligibility. Meets and corresponds with students to resolve problems related to student services functions; may evaluate transcripts, equivalency of transfer credit and compute GPA's; may process tuition refunds; may administer placement tests; assists students in program planning and course selection through interpretation of ASSET scores; assists students in the academic planning process using data from career resources and personal data collection.
30% - Assists new and continuing students in all student services processes including admissions, placement testing, academic advisement, community education, registration, fiscal functions, financial aid, veteran affairs, career planning, student activities and special needs. May assist students with the financial aid process from initial application through the awarding of aid; may process various financial aid programs such as scholarships, loans, and federal work study.
15% - Uses appropriate student services rosters to monitor student activities; interacts with academic divisions in areas of responsibility; maintains files regarding advisement, financial aid and enrollment actions; may prepare reports related to enrollment, financial aid and other student services functions to comply with supervisor request or government requirements; assists in training staff in the student services areas; responsible for statistical enrollment information; directs the work of student and temporary workers; implements technology advancements in the area of responsibility; performs related duties as assigned.
10% - Participates in the execution of community contracts, such as educational service agreements or intergovernmental agreements, in both the private and public sectors.
5% - Participates in student recruitment activities, community outreach, and promotion of the program.
- A college degree and/or experience in a customer service or an educational office environment
- Experience with computers and various operational software; internet functionality.
- Experience utilizing customer service strategies and functions
- Experience with student services procedures.
- Experience organizing and maintaining accurate files and records
- Experience preparing and maintaining statistical data, and working in a team environment.
- Effective communicate skills orally and in writing.
- Experience establishing cooperative working relationships
Special Working Conditions
- Demonstrated competency of word processing software, spreadsheet software, and electronic mail and calendaring applications.
- Five (5) or more years of experience performing academic advisement and other student service functions in a higher education setting.
- Experience with the Fire Science and EMS career and technical field, such as career pathways, degree requirements, and community partnerships/engagement.
- Ability to work autonomously and problem solve student services issues in a higher education setting
- Experience working with public and private agencies in educational service agreements and/or intergovernmental agreements.
Evening, weekend, and event travel under special circumstances may be required. May be required to work at multiple campuses. May require possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Driver's License; you will be required to meet the district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rmi/vehicle.htm#requirements
Maricopa County Community College District - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -