Full/Part Time : Full-Time
Regular/Temporary : Regular
POSITION DESCRIPTION :
To serve as the Student Services Coordinator to provide timely and appropriate student services for the Department of Animal and Veterinary Sciences.
1. Departmental Registration Coordinator. Responsible for registering and scheduling (including classroom assignments) all Departmental coursework in University systems. Aid students in resolving registration problems. Responsible for registering students into classes requiring instructor approval. Responsible for coordinating and maintaining records of 400+ undergraduate students. Coordinate and distribute registration materials. As directed, prepare reports of student statistics for use by the Chair and faculty. Serve as the Department?s consultant/trainer for iRoar/Banner and conduct update sessions on advising for students and faculty. Provide other registration related services on an as needed basis (e.g., ordering textbooks for AVS classes; compile and distribute advisee information lists, graduation and change of major lists, assist with drop/adds, make changes/corrections for the Undergraduate and Graduate Announcements). E/50%
2. Supplemental Department Administrative Support. Serve as the primary backup for the Departmental Administrative Assistant. As directed, provide confidential assistance and office management services for teaching, research and outreach faculty. Responsible for Departmental mail distribution and making interdepartmental bank deposits. Post notices on bulletin boards and distribute emails as requested (by Chair, faculty, staff, and students within University, College and Departmental guidelines) and in support of Department functions, students, clubs, faculty. Coordinate correspondence and mail-outs to students, club members, alumni, etc. Provide planning assistance for Departmental functions (e.g., luncheons, award ceremonies, retiree recognition, etc.). E/20%/
3. Recruitment and Advising. Attend and help with Summer Freshmen and Transfer student orientations and Destination Clemson events. May occasionally visit one on one with potential students and their families if Chair, Student Services Manager and Undergraduate Coordinator are not available. Serve as a back-up undergraduate advisor for the Chair, Student Services Manager and Undergraduate Coordinator. May serve as an advisor to the WAVS program. E/10%
4. Department Curriculum Committee Secretary. Schedule meetings, compose and type correspondence, type and distribute agenda and curriculum items to Committee Members. Attend meetings, record, type, edit, copy and distribute minutes. Prepare and process forms from the Department Curriculum Committee to the College Curriculum Committee. Update Departmental curriculum information included in the AVS Undergraduate manual and AVS curriculum sheets. E/10%
5. Website and Graphics Design. Primary individual responsible for maintenance all AVS sponsored websites. Incorporate any databases (e.g., photo database) approved by the Chair into the website and on an as needed basis take or gather photographs and other graphical information for use on the website. E/10%
A bachelor's degree and experience in student services
PAY & WORK SCHEDULE :
Standard Hrs: 37.5; Band: 04 ($ 26,139.00 - $ 35,000.00)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
The ability to work independently with limited supervision. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access) and desktop publishing. Knowledge of iROAR (University registration system and University policies and procedures that affect departmental program areas would be helpful, but not required. The ability to communicate effective both orally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty and staff.
APPLICATION DEADLINE :
August 13, 2014
JEANNE CLERY ACT :
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus security information including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding areas. As a current or prospective Clemson University employee, you have a right to obtain a copy of this information for this institution. For more information regarding our Employment, Campus Safety and Benefits, please visit the Human Resources - Prospective Employees web page shown below:
CLOSING STATEMENT :
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.
Clemson Tigers are fierce and passionate competitors. From the stadium to the classroom to the research lab, Tigers play to win. Our...