Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program.
The Department of the Army Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students currently enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work and get paid while exploring federal careers through a job with the Department of Army.
This position may have promotion potential if employee has successful performance and if funding allows.
The Department of the Army Pathways Interns may be converted to a permanent position within 120 days of successful completion of the program.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Interns must:
To learn more about the Pathways Internship Program, please visit: the Internship Program page on the Office of Personnel Management's website.
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program
- Complete their degree or certificate requirements
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted
- Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participant's Agreement, and;
- Perform their job successfully as documented through performance evaluations and/or completion of an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
Who May Apply:
Department of the Army Internship Program Eligibles
Positions are open to current students in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
- Students must maintain a semester grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must complete a background investigation.
DUTIES: Back to top
- Monitor real estate outgrants to insure compliance with instrument terms and conditions and public safety.
- Collect recreation use fees and maintain records and accounts for funds in accordance with established regulations and policy.
- Gather and organize information for development of the draft budget.
- Observe and report on the performance of contractors.
- Participate in the shoreline management and other regulatory programs to insure compliance with the terms of outgrants and policies.
- Patrol project lands and waters to monitor project boundary line and to provide for visitor protection and assistance.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Back to top
To Qualify for the GS-5 :
At least four years of education above the high school level leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree. This education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.
Enrolled or accepted for enrollment in high school, technical or vocational school, 2-year or 4-year college or university, graduate or professional school, at a qualifying educational institution on a half-time or full-time basis pursuing a NATURAL RESOURCES, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, OR RELATED PROGRAM degree.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities)in the following areas:
- Technical Competency
- Customer Service
Click here for more information.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
One year trial/probationary period may be required.
Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the q uestionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating : Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
BENEFITS: Back to top The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
Flexible work environment to include use of alternate work schedules Tuition assistance Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This announcement may be used to fill like vacancies for 180 days after the closing date.
Much of the nation's infrastructure was built on the proverbial back of the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). In the 19th and 20th...