Department: Administrative Services and other County Departments per work assignment.
Classification: Student Employment Off-Campus Agreement between Itasca Community College and Itasca County. M.S. 179A.03, Subd. 14(i), as amended.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Description: To gain familiarity with an office setting in the public sector, provide administrative support on projects, learn about County government.
Current Vacancy: One (1) Student Worker
Open Competitive: Open to students of Itasca Community College (ICC) that meet the program requirements.
1. Assist with converting paper records to imaged documents (i.e. scan, quality check, organize/index folders, trouble shoot, etc.).
2. Assist to purge documents in accordance with procedures.
3. Provide office support by keying data, creating or editing documents/spreadsheets, etc., make copies, remove and/or sort pages/documents as directed, answer the telephone and/or greet customers in-person, take messages, post notices to electronic or other boards, assist to gather data for surveys or other needs.
4. Deliver internal mail and slot in boxes; pick-up internal mail and deliver to Administrative Services staff; run external mail through postage machine and place in cart for U.S. Mail pick-up and/or deliver mail to U.S. Post Office, as needed.
5. Assist with creating web-ready documents which involves converting documents to HTML format, complete editing as directed, etc.
6. Attend County Board meeting and/or other County related meetings to learn about County government.
7. Provide miscellaneous administrative support for special projects and/or other departments on temporary basis.
Minimum Qualifications (Pass/Fail): Full-time undergraduate student employed by ICC under a work-study program or in connection with the receipt of financial aid.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of: general office practices; grammar, spelling, punctuation.
Skills with: keyboarding; Word, Excel; operating and/or learning to operate various office machines; interacting with others, take and translate information.
Ability to: maintain confidentialities; work well with others; willingness to follow rules and procedures and follow directives from supervisors.
Preference for: None
WORK HOURS, LOCATION, CONDITIONS AND EXTENT OF SUPERVISION :
Work Hours: The employer may hire one (1) Student Worker to work a maximum of ten (10) hours per week from August 27, 2012 to May 16, 2013.
Work Location: Itasca County Courthouse, Grand Rapids, MN
Work Conditions: Office setting
Extent of Supervision: Work is performed under the direction of the Human Resources Director and assigned staff. Supervision of Others: none
Itasca County, MN - 22 months ago