Job Posting |
Covance is Currently seeking a Study Technician for the Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology (DART) department at the Greenfield IN site.
As a Study Technician you will:
• Learns how to determine and document clinical observations, body weight data, food consumption data environmental data, and other data on the appropriate data collection system (or by hand when necessary).
• Learns how to interpret a protocol.
• Learns study management, data organization, QA audit response, internal and external client communication skills, and quality check procedures.
• Learns how to ensure that a study is conducted according to protocol, SOPs, IACCUC and government regulations.
• Learns how to perform basic dosing techniques, restraint procedures and developmental toxicology specific procedures.
• Maintains animal rooms and equipment in compliance with GLP and AAALAC requirements.
• Learns commonly used clinical sampling techniques. Learns how to process and package biological samples for shipment to client.
• Receive, donate and euthanize animals according to USDA regulations.
• Gains the ability to perform gross necropsy on rodents and rabbits
• Gains the ability to perform cesarean sections on rodents and rabbits including capturing uterine weight, identifying early and late resorptions, live and dead fetuses and any placental or uterine abnormalities
• Gains the ability to accurately identify and count corpora lutea
• Gains the ability to accurately perform and report external fetal examinations on rodents and rabbits
• Gains the ability to prepare tissues/fetuses for inventory and archiving
• Recognizes deviations from expected results and takes appropriate action.
• Able to adapt techniques to new procedures or particular needs as directed.
• Effectively schedules multiple assignments.
• Maintains well documented laboratory records according to GLPs. Reviews own data and identifies potential problems.
• Learns to utilize computer software for forms and procedure generation.
• May instruct less experienced staff.
• Learns blood pressure and body temperature measurement procedures as appropriate.
• Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
• May be involved in client tours or client interaction during study initiations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology with 0-2 years of related experience.
• AALAS certification at Laboratory Animal Technician level desirable
No experience is required if you meet the education requirements.
0-2 years of related external experience based on education.
A minimum of 6 months experience as a Study Tech Trainee while employed at Covance, or a minimum of two years of related experience may be substituted for education requirements
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 6 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...