Under the guidance of the SVP Deputy Creative Director and Deputy Style Editor, organizes and manages the Style Department project/supply spaces, provides all aspects of administrative support to stylists and assists stylists with all and any phases of production and implementation of editorial stories.
Administration and Organization
- Encompasses, but is not limited to:
- Is responsible for expediting billing of invoices and expense reports – identifying stories, preparing and coding invoices for processing, getting approval, copying, filing, and maintaining department budget files.
- Acts as department liaison between Business Manager and Accounts Payable department in regard to creation of story codes and general billing inquiries.
- Provides administrative assistance to all stylists in processing TPAFs, freelance time sheets, new vendor paperwork, check requisitions, cash advances, and generating letters of insurance.
- Assists SVP Deputy Creative Director and Deputy Style Editor with departmental managerial duties including expenses, scheduling, arranging transportation, communication and correspondence, new hires, research and development.
- Maintains freelance contact list and contracts freelance help as required.
- Organizes, updates, and maintains department resources, phone lists, databases, and libraries.
- Updates monthly binders for Style Department’s visual reference.
- Acts as department liaison with prop houses, stores, vendors, in regard to prop rentals and returns.
- Acts as department liaison between MSLO Prop House and Photo Studio Manager in regard to storage of props in short and long term archives, retrieving past stories props for television, catalog, merchandising, Editorial and Special Projects departments.
- Works with the SVP Deputy Creative Director and Editorial Business Manager in cost management and control against MSO guidelines.
- Orders department supplies as needed including general office supplies, wrapping, packaging, mailing supplies, tools and any special orders as per stylist’s needs.
- Organizes, maintains, and keeps inventory of Style Department’s project space, props, tools, materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with stores and vendors for product loans for shoots. Organizes demonstrations of new products and lines by vendors.
- Contracts and oversees repairs of any props and products damaged while in possession of MSLO.
- Acts as department liaison with other departments of MSLO in regard to borrowing resources tools and supplies from the Style Department.
- Arranges pickups for charitable donations of excess or unused materials.
- Assists stylists as needed on all stages of story implementation from concept meetings to final photography including research, contacting vendors and suppliers, obtaining letters of insurance, arranging messenger deliveries, making travel arrangements, packing and unpacking props for shoots, compiling “Guide” information for Martha Stewart Living, Body & Soul, EDF, Special Issues, and Books.
- Must have ability to charge supplies needed on personal or corporate credit cards
- Must have valid drivers license – driving of vans, trucks and rental cars for shoots is required
- Heavy lifting will be required due to moving and unloading of furniture, props and boxes
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia - 2 years ago