Plan, schedules, coordinates and tracks the flow of hardware and material throughout the manufacturing process, including fabrication, assembly, test and shipment of subassemblies; position controls jobs of low to moderate complexity working on low to mid-level profile programs and/or shorter turn-around times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Generates schedules, flow sheets and other tools for the tracking of work in progress (WIP).
2. Coordinates incoming customer-supplied parts and assignments of MIT number with Program Managers, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Production, Stockroom, Shipping & Receiving and coordinate customer source inspection of hardware.
3. Ensure on time production order releases based on MRP
4. Perform rough cut capacity planning for subassembly work cell
5. Monitor kits through routing operations, QA inspections; issue and expedite kits, kit splits, kit scraps, kit re-generations as required; flag production problems and coordinate resolution through appropriate support and management pool.
6. Ensure the generation of pick lists, travelers, packing slips and other shipping paperwork as necessary as well all system related transactions are properly performed.
7. Provide drawings, instructions and procedures to the manufacturing areas as required; maintain configuration control of production hardware; perform Traveler Change Orders (TCO)/Engineering Change Order (ECO)
8. Writes rework instructions for kit splits and routing changes.
9. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
10. Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
11. Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
12. Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CRITERIA:
Refer to Profile B – Operations.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
1. Three (3) years of experience in production control, materials, scheduling and/or manufacturing preferably with at a minimum of two (2) years in PC or materials management; experience in production control planning in an ERP environment and/or SAP, a plus; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management or related field, required;
2. Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions as well as technical publications such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction and procedure manuals; communicate across organizational levels; ability to write reports and correspondence clearly and concisely; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and managers, internal and external customers, and the general public; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
3. Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs;
4. Analytical skills: review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
5. Computer skills: Proficient/Advanced user of MS Office applications such as Power Point, Excel and Word software programs; working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as SAP;
6. Time Management and organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
7. Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Certified Production Inventory Control Manager (CPICM); or
2. Certified Integrated Resource Manager (CIRM); or
3. Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), desirable.
1. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance which requires US citizenship
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...