Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is a world-class prime systems integrator and electronic systems provider known for its rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions. Our office located in Centennial, Colorado is currently seeking a Subcontracts Administrator III to provide cradle to grave subcontract administration support to various programs. The Subcontracts Administrator ensures all subcontracts assigned to them are completed in a timely and efficient manner while complying with all SNC and customer processes required to support a Government approved procurement system. The successful candidate will have experience working with program management to develop subcontract requirements, request for proposals, source selection and negotiation plans in support of subcontracts involving large, complex and high value programs in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment. The Subcontracts Administrator will manage a large portfolio of subcontracts and related change orders to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and contractual terms. In this position, the successful candidate is the focal point for all subcontracting activities from initial identification of subcontracting requirements through the development of RFP packages, proposal evaluation, subcontract file construction, negotiation and award. The candidate will possess an in-depth knowledge and understanding of government contracting regulations and best practices, of subcontracting for services as well as hardware and software, and broad proposal experience to include source selection and teaming, SOW review, proposal review and evaluation, price/cost analysis and subcontract file due diligence requirements.
The administration of subcontracts includes:
• Coordinating development of specifications, Statements of Work, terms and conditions and RFP’s for major subcontracts
• Analyzing proposals to establish negotiation targets
• Planning and leading negotiations
• Placing, administering and closing out subcontracts
• Proposal support includes working closely with the proposal team to ensure documentation for materials and subcontracts submitted to support an SNC proposal is adequate and appropriate for the dollar value and complexity.
• Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
• Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
• Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
• Managing subcontractors and administering subcontracts to achieve program goals and objectives,
• Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures; coordinating and implementing Subcontract Management Plans and prime contract OCI Plans.
• Identifying, mitigating and resolving risks, issues and monitoring subcontractor cost, schedule, performance in a subcontract management team environment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Develop subcontract packages to ensure compliance with all internal procedures, laws and regulations
• Periodic review of expediting reports; oversee delivery status and assist in identifying systemic problems
• Support proposal activities to price bill of materials ensuring appropriate cost justification and documentation
• Determine, establish and maintain periodic reporting requirements for relevant performance metrics
• Follow best business practices to support UCC, FAR, DFAR, CFR, CAS, and TINA statutes
• Insure Audit Readiness of Purchasing Group ensuring CPSR approval
• Evaluate and negotiate complex terms and conditions and issue FFP, T&M and Cost Plus type subcontracts
• Work with Program Managers to establish NDA's, develop qualified sources, request pricing and delivery, competitively select suppliers, document procurement action and place purchase orders/subcontracts
• Receive requisitions; analyze for quantity, specifications, drawings, and delivery requirements
• Follow-up with subcontractors to ensure delivery schedules and key milestones are achieved and any progress or milestone billings are properly documented.
• Ensure purchase orders and subcontracts are closed out properly and in a timely manner
• Analyze and quickly address any invoice discrepancies
• Support proposal efforts with RFP’s/RFQ’s
• Develop alternate sources, ensuring continuity of supply, consistency of quality, and competitive pricing
• Consolidate requirements and utilize the most suitable method of purchasing such as purchase order, subcontract, blanket purchase order or supplier stocking arrangement
• Maintain subcontract files in audit ready condition
• Enter orders into Cost point and ensure accurate data is maintained in Cost point
• Advise management of market conditions and supplier base activity, which could affect pricing, and or future availability
• Evaluate suppliers through methods such as supplier visitations and various objective performance measurements, including on-time delivery, service performance, and price performance
• Serve as a liaison between SNC Program Managers and Subcontractors
• Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
• Other duties as assigned
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
• Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 6 years of experience with a BA/BS degree or 4 years with a Master’s degree
• Ability to problem solve - applying originality, creativity and initiative
• Strong skills to plan, organize, multitask, prioritize, and execute assigned workload to meet multiple deadlines
• Detail-oriented, without losing sight of the big picture
• Previous experience administering major subcontracts in a defense environment
• Previous experience managing procurement and subcontracts personnel
• Expertise in the FAR/DFARS as required for supplier and subcontract management
• Certification by ISM is preferred
• Excellent Price Analysis and Cost Analysis skills are required.
• Comprehensive written, verbal, analytical and general accounting skills
• Must be proficient with MS Office, Lotus Notes and Material Management software
• Cross training in other departments is essential in understanding the inter-relationship of process at SNC
• Candidate should have experience with the following in accordance with government contracting practices:
o Proposal evaluations and Negotiations
o Cost/price and best value analysis
o Earned value management system (EVMS)
o Cost accounting standards (CAS)
o Disputes resolution with subcontractors
o Partial and full termination of subcontractors
o Subcontract closeout
Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance maybe required
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), headquartered in Sparks, Nev., is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its...