For over 30 years, Panasonic Avionics Corporation has led the industry in design and implementation of breakthrough In-Flight Entertainment solutions that connect the business and pleasure of flying. As part of the larger Panasonic brand, our name shows commitment and investment to improving quality of life. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Panasonic Avionics Corporation maintains corporate and engineering offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Tokyo, and Dubai; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities throughout the world.
We are seeking a Subcontract Manager to act as a company expert in Supplier Management and Procurement. Serves as a consultant to top management in significant matters relating to key supplier performance. Identifies industry trends, capacity restraints and alternative resources. Serves as a technical resource to both supply base and programs. Provides technical leadership on developing and implementing critical strategic supplier and commodity activities.
Provide Counsel to Key Stakeholders
• Protect the company’s competitive cost position by developing procurement plans; determining appropriate contract types, evaluating supplier proposals; negotiating price, schedules, and terms with qualified suppliers; and committing the company to contractual agreements with subcontractors.
• Guide and influence major procurement decision making by analyzing industry data, capacity, trends, costs, and market environment.
• Investigate new products, product changes and innovations, and quality manufacturing improvements by coordinating with appropriate organizations and suppliers.
• Comply with ethical business conduct requirements and protect the confidentiality of PAC, supplier, and customer proprietary data by adhering to applicable policies and procedures.
• Owns, develops and leads the internal department cadence reviews and also internal supplier cadence reviews.
• Manage overall program/project risk of assigned programs and present program status at program reviews to Senior Management.
Strategic Planning and Leadership Activities
• Assume a leadership role by guiding and instructing less experienced personnel in the resolution of problems related to specifications, requirements, product quality, and delivery schedules as well as other criteria.
• Improve internal visibility by analyzing supplier progress, identifying problem areas, initiating corrective actions, and follow-up activities to ensure compliance.
• Maintain integrity of contractual agreements by knowledgeable application and incorporation of special terms and conditions into individual contract types.
• Assure effective management of subcontract efforts by leading and coordinating activities of other disciplines as required and demonstrating advanced problem solving and decision making skills.
• Conceive, develop, coordinate, implement and manage Subcontracts/procurement plan for assigned major programs, to optimize cost and ensure Subcontractor/Supplier performance.
• Proficient in MS Office suite of software applications.
• Must be able to communicate through verbal and written correspondence with Suppliers, Executive Management, etc.
• Works independently on complex business issues requiring development of solution. Interprets policies, procedures and practices and is responsible for enforcing policies internally as well in Subcontractor relationships.
• Responsible for managing programs which are of moderate risk or complexity or portions of larger programs.
• Prefer a 4-year or advanced college degree or equivalent experience in Purchasing and/or business fields. Professional Certification (ex. CPM…) desired.
• 15+ years of experience demonstrating proficiency in a broad range of functional assignments.
• Experience in IFE or avionics preferred.
• International and domestic travel required, up to 20 percent.
Panasonic - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard