Subrogation Examiner-San Diego, CA
Functional Area: Claims
Location: CA-San Diego
Position Type: Full Time
Education Required: High School Diploma, Degree Preferred
Experience Required : Minimum 2 Years
Relocation Provided: None
Who We Are
"Operating 116 years strong and growing!"
Wawanesa General Insurance Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company of Canada that was founded in 1896. Wawanesa General Insurance markets preferred personal lines automobile and homeowners insurance directly to consumers in California and Oregon through direct mail solicitations, with strategic implementation of radio and newspaper advertising. With almost 600 employees, the US Headquarters of Wawanesa General Insurance is located in San Diego, California.
Wawanesa strives for job satisfaction which has been proven by being ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Auto Insurers in California" by J.D. Power and Associates.
Known for our conservative approach, Wawanesa offers its employees stability and opportunity to grow in the insurance industry by providing promotional opportunities and the chance to extend ones education through our Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Caring for employee health, Wawanesa Insurance offers an excellent benefit package to employees which includes paying the full premium for employee coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance (4X salary), AD&D, long term disability, long term care insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. Other benefits include 401K with company match, a non-contributory pension plan, flexible spending accounts, 7.5 hour work day, onsite fitness center, generous paid time off plans, business casual dress and much more.
At this time, Wawanesa General Insurance is looking for a results driven Subrogation Examiner in San Diego, CA.
The Subrogation Examiner actively pursues Subrogation against liable third parties and medical payments recover from our Insureds for benefits paid by Wawanesa. This position requires, but is not limited to, direct contact with Collection Agencies to coordinate the subrogation efforts against Uninsured motorists.
The ideal candidate will have experience emphasizing in Medical Payments Recovery and Uninsured Motorist Collections,
The Subrogation Examiner responsibilities include:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Responsible for analyzing new assignments to determine if there is subrogation and recovery potential and makes sure that all the necessary evidence is available to pursue the case.
- Prepares subrogation and recovery demands.
- Responsible for establishing appropriate reserves, addressing high volume of electronic and paper mail as well as a high volume of phone calls.
- Responsible for maintaining a diary system to address proper claim handling and a transaction log of new and closed files for month end.
- Reviews the Checks Received Report from Accounting and inputs it into the claims system for the corresponding claim.
- Expected to negotiate settlements with first and third parties in regards to reduced recovery amounts.
- Complies with Department of Insurance Regulations, Internal Claims Handling Procedures and adheres to Privacy guidelines, as determined by the Company.
- Achieves the minimum recovery goal, as established by the Company.
- Being able to manage a high volume and fast paced pending and work environment.
How To Apply
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding career and feel your qualifications match the requirements for this position, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Minimum two year experience in claims handling and six months to one year experience in subrogation, preferred.
- Strong arithmetic skills of adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing are needed.
- Able to write and speak in a clear, understandable manner using proper English grammar and punctuation for verbal and written communication.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of auto insurance claims terminology.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs such as Excel, Word, and Lotus Notes.
- Adequate computer skills to enter or retrieve data from our internal claims system.
- Strong customer service skills, a must.
- Analytical skills to review investigative documents and to asses file content.
- Must have sufficient skills to recognize fraud indicators and be capable of interacting with the SIU Department on such files.
- Demonstrate multi-tasking abilities to prioritize and promptly complete daily tasks.
- Able to follow written and verbal direction promptly.
- Clerical skills are required to perform copy work, filing, keyboarding at a minimum of 40 wpm and using database software.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Wawanesa - 8 months ago
Coal-oil lamp and wooden threshing machine accidents may not be as common as they were when Wawanesa Mutual Insurance was founded on the...