The General® Insurance company, also known as Permanent General Companies, Inc., is a growing company and a leading non-standard automobile insurance provider. Currently, we are seeking qualified applicants for Subrogation Specialist . We offer a well-defined career path, excellent training and fun and challenging work environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company. We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service. If you do too, please check us out!
Permanent General offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), wellness initiatives, 401(k) participation with a matching contribution and much more!
This position will report to a Subrogation Supervisor and is primarily responsible for duties associated with collecting money owed to the company by various third parties, and determining a further course of action when funds become uncollectible. Other essential job responsibilities include:
- Reviews claims files issued to the Subrogation Department to determine the appropriateness of collection efforts and to plan the further course of action.
- Notifies insureds that claim has been issued to the Subrogation department for collection purposes.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from insureds regarding subrogation process and status of payments.
- Negotiates payment schedule when appropriate and documents agreement with a promissory note; contacts parties who are not abiding by the terms agreed upon; ensures collection efforts are done in accordance with local and federal collection guidelines.
- Uses internal databases and external sources (investigative firms and law enforcement personnel) to research third party information relevant to collection duties (addresses, credit histories).
- Coordinates with manager to determine further action when funds become uncollectible and prepares file to be transferred to an attorney or collection agency.
- Updates daily spreadsheets for reporting collection activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Two-year degree and legal background (paralegal certificate) helpful.
- Minimum one year of collection or subrogation experience. Experience as an insurance claims adjuster preferred.
- Familiarity with UCC and Fair Debt Collection Act helpful.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Windows, Excel); requires the ability to create spreadsheets in Excel and correspondence in Word.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with internal and external contacts.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to collect, compile and organize facts, figures and/or other information in accordance with local and federal collection guidelines.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) as well as the calculation of averages and percentages.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish is helpful.
Permanent General Assurance Corp. - 18 months ago