The Subsea Hardware Aftermarket Lead in Global Subsea Hardware is expected to have or develop generalist skills from the subsea services industry covering all aspects of subsea / wells equipment and subsea production systems from wellhead-to-flowline. In order to support both Global Projects and Operations there is a requirement to recruit individuals to work in the centralised Global Subsea Hardware (GSH) team. This work involves some travel to operating sites to support local staff when necessary.
The Subsea Hardware Aftermarket Lead will be responsible for co-ordinating and overseeing the subsea aftermarket service requirements of both project and operational teams and ensuring the Supplier / Service Provider performs to the company's expectations. The work is of a dynamic nature, with competing demands on time, driven by both internal and external drivers. As a result, the ability to prioritize according to business value is critical to this role.
The work involves:
• Exhibiting exemplary HSSE leadership to company and out Subsea Suppliers / Service Providers.
• Assist GSH Aftermarket Manager to develop and communicate the GSH Aftermarket Strategy.
• Work with the Subsea Operations and Subsea Wells teams to align existing Life of Field (LoF) Aftermarket Services with GSH Aftermarket Strategy.
• Manage the GSH Aftermarket team (co-ordinators, engineers) and site reps on a day-to-day basis.
• Attendance at GSH Leadership meetings as appropriate.
• Develop GSH Aftermarket "Way We Work" and "Statement of Requirements" documents in line with the GSH Aftermarket Strategy.
• Assist GSH Aftermarket Manager to develop, with the Subsea Hardware Suppliers, a standard approach to 'execution planning' for Subsea Hardware and Subsea Wells Aftermarket services.
• Work with Project teams and Project Operations Readiness teams to develop Aftermarket Services Catalogue in line with GSH Aftermarket Strategy and the "Way We Work".
• Manage the aftermarket performance and capability of our Subsea Supplier / Service Providers - against an agreed set KPIs.
• Proactively monitor and report progress of all subsea aftermarket activities and alert GSH Aftermarket Manager to areas of concern regarding quality and delivery changes.
• Co-ordinate the resolution of hardware technical issues with the wider GSH disciplines and the hardware supplier to the satisfaction of the 'customer' team in Projects or Operations.
• Assist in the development and implementation of global common maintenance strategies for the company's Subsea / Wells equipment.
• Support the development of and co-ordinate Subsea Aftermarket Call-Offs, under the Supplier Global Agreements for regional Project and Operations Teams.
• Inspire and assist the subsea projects and operations teams to populate the GSH Local Lesson database and ensure robust feedback to subsequent front end design in new subsea projects.
• Develop strong relationship with the Suppliers' / Service providers' Regional Aftermarket Managers
• Develop robust relationship and maintain a regular, open dialogue with the Subsea Wells Team Leader to understand on going Well services requirements and issues.
• Develop robust relationship and maintain a regular, open dialogue with the Subsea Operations Team Leader to understand on going LoF service requirements and issues.
• Work closely with the other subsea discipline engineers in both GSH and Operations to ensure alignment on technical issues and integrity standards.
• Read and understand all existing Subsea hardware aftermarket contracts / service orders between company and the subsea equipment suppliers. Work to align these with the GSH Aftermarket Strategy.
• Review and comment on technical scopes of services, scopes of work, preservation, storage and maintenance procedures, SIT / SRT testing procedures, ITPs etc. produced by the subsea GA / Tier 1 suppliers.
• Incorporate lessons learned and best practices from company and industry into day-to-day business.
• Read, understand, implement, and reinforce use of Company's Management of Change process.
• Input into GSH Aftermarket Weekly Report.
• Strong health, safety, environmental and regulatory compliance record
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to all levels of the organization
• A willingness and ability to work with other disciplines.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• An effective networker, both inside and outside of company
• An ability to define and prioritize multiple issues
• Project management skills to include cost / benefit analysis abilities, risk assessment abilities and ability to execute small studies / reports independently
• Broad range of technical skills associated with subsea aftermarket services and operations
• Broad knowledge of subsea systems design, engineering and operation.
• Basic knowledge of Quality Assurance processes.
• Good awareness of contractual frameworks and terminology
• Understands the relevance of subsea equipment Reliability
• Significant experience working with subsea hardware
• General awareness of material control and inventory management (e.g. spare parts and tooling)
• Awareness of Maintenance Management Systems and their critical role in asset integrity management
• Capable of writing 'Functional Requirements' for subsea aftermarket services
• Capable of specifying / writing technical scopes of service for subsea aftermarket services
• Planning / coordinating subsea aftermarket support for integration testing and subsea construction activities
• Experience of subsea / wells equipment and tooling refurbishment
• Lessons capture and deployment into front end design
• Chartered engineer or registered professional engineer
• Offshore experience in a subsea role
• Operational experience of production and subsea processing systems
• Experience in Design and Fabrication of subsea / wells equipment.
• Experience with testing, commissioning and installing subsea / wells equipment.
• Process driven mentality, well organised
• Anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them
• Demonstrates shared commitment to the success of the team and the wider organisation
• Focuses effort and prioritises work to deliver business value
• Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur.
• Strong desire to help the organisation to learn from bad experiences and prevent reoccurrence
For more than 20 years, our clients have trusted us to help them recruit leaders around the world and incorporate them into their...